Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

FIRST GAME

Posted by: user65480 | Fri 23rd Nov 2007 09:10 | Last Reply

I started playing this year in May and I really enjoy playing I was kept from play off my own back because of what I thought was a snobs game. To my surprise I have only had one problem on the course with a group pushing a 3 ball I was playing in and giving us the we are members hurry up we pay a lot of money for this. It dented my thoughts for golf until we got back to the club house and we was apologised to by several other members both men and women young and old saying that they had heard of the group giving us some hassle and would take it up with them. Since then I have met members and visitors and it has always pleasant exchanges and how are we doing

The moral here is there are some UP THEMSEVES golfers but there are far more golfers who want everyone to enjoy there time on course. With that I am going with a group of mates on 2 4 fours and taking my older brother who really loves playing but was always put off like me BUT I have convinced him that its not true and he his on his first 18hole course at Bradley Park in Huddersfield Lets hope it a good day out has it has always been there for me

Dick Hudson  

re: FIRST GAME
user26342
Reply : Fri 23rd Nov 2007 10:49

Richard,

Welcome to the game. Golfers off all ability get annoyed mostly at being held up by other groups.

As long as you aware of the course etiquitte when playing you should have no problems.

Have a good day.

John. 

re: FIRST GAME
user50843
Reply : Fri 23rd Nov 2007 22:27

What I would like to know is how some of these fools know your not a member yourself, just because they've never seen you before or you may look new to the game, does'nt mean you can't be a member.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top