Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

So, what will the new golfing year bring?

Posted by: user40826 | Sat 15th Dec 2012 18:24 | Last Reply

Always start thinking of the new season when Christmas comes around. To me January is the time when we're over the hump and heading downhill to a new season.

For some reason I am thoroughly looking forward to this season.

I'm finally at the club where I've always wanted to be and are looking forward to a full season at one of the best conditioned courses in the area.

Now I've had my 'settling in' period at the club, getting used to greens, course layout etc, I'm looking forward to getting my handicap going in the right way once again.

Desperately want to finish in the top three of a medal this year. Just to get my name emailed to me on howdidido.co.uk.

Really want to get my game in shape before the opening GolfShake 36 hole event. Want to feel settled with my swing and putting, which means plenty of practice at the range and visits to the practice area. This will be much easier this year, being 5 minutes from my course rather than 25 minutes.

Just so excited and its not even the turn of the year and we've not had any snow yet!

Anybody else getting new season excitement yet?

re: So, what will the new golfing year bring?
user16106
Reply : Sat 15th Dec 2012 21:07

Chris good to hear positive thoughts for the forthcoming year from you. I too am very much antisipating the new season. I am now a member at my local club and it is much better in the spring/ summer than the latter part of the year. I have one round left this year ( tomorrow ) and a low 80s will see my GS handicap reduce further from 14.1. Ive had a good 2012 dropping 3 strokes. I now have my CONGU and am looking to play in about half a doz opens. I have entered an area matchplay event with a day at princes for the finalists. I also still have to brak 80 for the 1st time and hope it will come soon. All that along with my normal social golf and my societys I have a busy year ahead.

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Sat 15th Dec 2012 21:10
user459944
Reply : Sat 15th Dec 2012 22:04

i'm looking forward to joining my first club next year, play there ever other week so mrs has said might as well join them, looking to try and trim the handicap down more and improve on my short game even more, looking forward to entering a few comps next year also, just not only for the experience but also to boost the confidence a little more, good luck to all for the new year whatever your fortunes may bring you.

user437159
Reply : Sat 15th Dec 2012 23:31

single figures hopefully for me. gone for 25.2 to 10.2 on here this year. sort my putting and chipping out and i might be near par. hope to enter more comps next year and about 5 or 6 opens. scratch by 16 seems a long way away.

user410273
Reply : Sun 16th Dec 2012 13:26

2011 was a great golfing year for me but 2012... I got new woods and irons in the spring, custom fit, and cue a very poor summer, 5.2 rising to 6.2. Early autumn I had a lengthy session on the practice ground with the pro, Flightscope and host of drivers and shafts.

There's been a new driver in the bag for a month, and I love it. 14 out of 14 fairways yesterday. And there's been new irons in the bag for 2 weeks and, touch wood, I'm really liking what I'm seeing and feeling.

The buzz to get out there is definitely back, and the good weather can't come soon enough for me. Target for 2013 is 4.

user477305
Reply : Mon 17th Dec 2012 15:49

2013 will (hopefully) be my best year for golf yet. I am going to start playing competitive golf and aim to be playing off below 20 when the G-Tour commences in March. It will also be my first full year as a member of a club so I have lots of golf to look forward to!

user77012
Reply : Mon 17th Dec 2012 16:16

Sunshine!! I hope, then maybe strive for single figures again!

Keep it going Liam!

user38216
Reply : Mon 17th Dec 2012 17:05

2013 is going to be moving year for me. I'm aiming for 10 but would take a club HCP of 13.

user425195
Reply : Mon 17th Dec 2012 18:07

Break 100 by May and 95 by August, handicap below 25 - anything else will be a bonus.

Oh and maybe some sunshine (remember that?)

user369251
Reply : Sat 22nd Dec 2012 20:49

Hope all wishes come true gents! For me, I want to get my club handicap down to around 10/11 by the end of next season, ready for a single figure assualt the season after. In general, I would love to steadily improve every aspect of my play, in particular making more 1 putts on greens. Good luck everybody, let's make 2013 the year of the golfshaker!

user430247
Reply : Sun 23rd Dec 2012 17:52

think r start of with a nice lottery win ,then move to sun so we do not have to worry about the rain all the time , and be nice to get that hole in 1 ,,,,

but would like to get my handicap down to around 20/17 ,, and worsley golf club (manchester) r doing of peak membership �150 thats with �50 bar card ? ,then only �15 around in the week and �20 at weekends not to bad so my have a pop at that,,,played 20 different course this yr , see how many i can do in 2013

Last edit : Sun 23rd Dec 2012 17:53
user455045
Reply : Thu 27th Dec 2012 20:54

My thoughts on next year are really optomistic. I have joined a local club ( 20 mins ) away and can get there quickly. I am playing and practicing at least twice a week. I have noticed that I am connecting better with the ball, and my scores although not great are starting to be consistent, so all in all hitting better but look forward to the day I crack a 100. I may join the seniors and start playing in their social games.

user80078
Reply : Thu 27th Dec 2012 22:51

Getting my handicap active again and just enjoying as much golf as I can fit in now I'm fully retired. I need to sharpen aspects of my game and improve my decision making, which is rubbish at present (costing me shots from very promising positions). Happy golfing to all in 2013!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top