Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

best round to date

Posted by: user369251 | Sun 25th Nov 2012 18:30 | Last Reply

Hello all, I don't mean to come across as arrogant with this, but I recorded my best round ever yesterday, and didn't seem to play that well. Has this happened to anyone else? Obviously totting up at the end, I was ecstatic. However, it felt like I'd left a good handful of shots out there.

Hopefully, I'll have this feeling every week, and be off single figures this time next year!

re: best round to date
user52922
Reply : Sun 25th Nov 2012 18:40

No matter how well one plays, one will always leave shots out there, nature of the beast, I'm afraid. Sounds like a good round to me, Chris, be grateful for that, because there will come the day when you feel you are striking it better but just not getting the scores you feel your play deserves. Remember also, that this great round is now history. Good luck in attaining single figures.

user369251
Reply : Sun 25th Nov 2012 19:00

Thanks very much JP, advice from someone like you is always appreciated.

user282395
Reply : Sun 25th Nov 2012 20:33

Sounds like you had a nice round! I played a work comp a few weeks ago, couldn't hit an iron for toffee, average off the tee, but got up and down from everywhere and scored 38 off 3/4 handicap. Didn't feel like I deserved it at all. Funny old game as JP says. I think the better you play the more you expect to make - something clicked for me a couple of weeks ago and I've had two rounds I felt like I played my best golf ever, with chances to break 80 for the first time, but putts just didn't drop and I ended up with a couple of what felt like very average 86s - a decent score at my level, but far higher than I felt the golf deserved. It'll all come together one day!

user16106
Reply : Mon 26th Nov 2012 19:24

Chris well done 76 hits. I always say a birdie or 2. A couple of good putts drop and keep more than 1 double bogie off your card and your doing alright. I see you got an eagle. Was it a chip in or a putt? That will always help. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user369251
Reply : Tue 27th Nov 2012 11:27

@Chris Potts. It is a funny old game, the slightest tweak here or there makes a massive difference to the end result! @Dave Cac handed - the eagle I was very fortunate... normally, there are trees stopping you cutting the dog leg on our 10th, but with winter taking the leaves out, and the greenkeepers performing some pruning the last fortnight, it now gives us chance to cut the corner and hit a long club in. So it was a straightforward drive, hybrid, one putt. Greens were wet too, so anything and everything was stopping dead. No wind either, just cold and overcast. Good scoring conditions really.

user369251
Reply : Tue 27th Nov 2012 11:46

@Chris Potts. It is a funny old game, the slightest tweak here or there makes a massive difference to the end result! @Dave Cac handed - the eagle I was very fortunate... normally, there are trees stopping you cutting the dog leg on our 10th, but with winter taking the leaves out, and the greenkeepers performing some pruning the last fortnight, it now gives us chance to cut the corner and hit a long club in. So it was a straightforward drive, hybrid, one putt. Greens were wet too, so anything and everything was stopping dead. No wind either, just cold and overcast. Good scoring conditions really.

user477305
Reply : Tue 27th Nov 2012 12:06

That's a great round Chris well done. I also think that those putting stats are very solid indeed; I know if a lot of players putted like that they would vastly improve their game.

user369251
Reply : Tue 27th Nov 2012 14:28

Thanks very much CB. The lads I normally play with say that I'm a decent putter, but I don't hole enough birdie chances. (which I would agree with). That's the beauty of golf, the next 'best round ever' is always out there.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top