Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Faldo thinks that Niclkaus's major record is safe

Posted by: user354092 | Tue 13th Nov 2012 12:39 | Last Reply

Nick Faldo was interviewed on BBC radio at the weekend and cast serious doubt on Tiger Woods chances of besting Jack's record of 19 majors!

Here is what he said -

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/4844/Faldo_backs_Nicklaus_to_hold_onto_major_record.html

What do think?

I reckon it is 50/50. Sure he has not won his last major, but probably need to see an improvement in his putting !

re: Faldo thinks that Niclkaus's major record is safe
user80078
Reply : Tue 13th Nov 2012 18:23

I would say the odds must just tip towards Tiger passing Jack's record. He is the same man as before ( even though mentally he has been harmed) and once he gets another major, it will become easier to go on from there. As much as I admire Jack, I think records are there to be broken.

user16106
Reply : Tue 13th Nov 2012 19:23

Faldo is spot on. If he had of continued in his form from 2007-8 he would have easily passed Jacks record but now hes in a lull it will not happen. I have said before foe Tiger to match Jacks top 10s in Majors he will have to finnish top 10 in every major for the next 10 years its incredible. Tiger used to put for fun from 15 ft out in the past. But now he readilly misses from 6ft. To say he will win another 5 majors in his late 30s and older is a huge ask. He may win 1 or 2, but 5! I cant see it. The only player at the moment who looks like winning 5 more is Rory. Dave CAC handed Geordie.

Last edit : Tue 13th Nov 2012 19:26
user80078
Reply : Tue 13th Nov 2012 20:18

It's hard to argue against what you say regarding Tiger's putting Dave, but as we know it can come good just as quickly as one can lose it. You are I think correct in identifying the putter as making the difference between Jack or Tiger eventually being seen as the best ever. (although there are plenty who would argue against either).

user26342
Reply : Wed 14th Nov 2012 12:03

I think Faldo correct. Back in the good old 'Tiger Days' he used to intimidate other players. Now they relish the chance to go up against him & beat him. With all the other players now 'upping' their game the competition is huge. Rory is the only player I can see winning multiple majors in the future.

user369251
Reply : Thu 15th Nov 2012 17:53

Personally, I don't think any golfer out there will ever get close to Tigers haul, who I also think won't beat Jack's record. The fields are too deep and too strong nowadays for one person to really dominate.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top