Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Leaving your brain at home

Posted by: user106178 | Sun 15th Jul 2012 22:28 | Last Reply

My handicap is 12 and, generally, I more or less play to it. But every now and again I have a stinker and score 95 plus and anybody watching would think I was a beginner. It used to bug me and I'd go home and brood over it and wonder what went wrong. Well I've figured out that its just simple tiredness. If I've worked a long day before it or not slept very well then it transfers to my game. The body wants to hit good shots but the head just can't be bothered. I think we all question technique when we play badly but I reckon that much of it is down to fatigue. Anybody agree?

re: Leaving your brain at home
user469358
Reply : Mon 16th Jul 2012 08:52

I agree totally Dave, I have often found that when playing golf after a bad nights sleep I am unable to have the same level of concentration as usual. With me this usually manifests itself in the curse of lifting ones head up to see where the ball has gone before actually hitting it, a schoolboy error which means embarrasing topped drives that go about 70 yards along the ground and shanked iron shots flying off at 45 degrees to the right endagering the golfers on the next fairway. Other symptoms in my case can be bad sweary language and concerted muttering.

Last edit : Mon 16th Jul 2012 08:54
user80078
Reply : Mon 16th Jul 2012 19:16

Agree totally Dave.

user459944
Reply : Mon 16th Jul 2012 21:21

dave couldnt agree with you more, isnt it the so called experts say that the game is 50% fun, 90% mental ???

user226844
Reply : Tue 31st Jul 2012 16:39

I find that in your case Dave it is just that you are garbage and nothing to do with tiredness. I also suffer from fatigue and having recently had 20-24 points on the front 9 I have been getting only about 10 on the back. The fatigue in my case is because I am a clinically obese. Hey Ho. G1

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top