Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My first eagle

Posted by: user369251 | Tue 22nd May 2012 08:27 | Last Reply

Went for a cheeky twilight 18 with my playing partner last night at our home track... On the 12th, slapped a 3 wood to the bend in the dog leg (short par 4 mind) then from about 100 yards, I hit a wedge, caught a downslope upon landing and just rolled inch perfect into the hole for a 2. Cue pandemonium from me, and taunts of "fluke" from my playing partner (who's off 8). Just thought I'd share as it has given me such a boost after playing so poorly recently. Carded a 116 at Keele Saturday in a work comp

re: My first eagle
user451727
Reply : Tue 22nd May 2012 08:53

Well done Chris, it is something u will always remember.

user451055
Reply : Tue 22nd May 2012 16:29

Fantastic Chris - that must have been brilliant to watch it roll in!

user250721
Reply : Tue 22nd May 2012 17:57

Well done mate. Only close for me. Must be a good feeling.

user417527
Reply : Tue 22nd May 2012 19:04

Excellent stuff!! I remember both of the eagles that I have had to date (hopefully more to come), and I still haven't worked out how I managed to hit it far enough in two to get my first one pin high for my eagle putt. I know I've never got it remotely close since anyway.

This time next month when you relive your eagle, you'll be talking about how you took into consideration the wind, the slope of the lie, and then carefully aimed for just the right spot on the green where you knew it would roll towards the hole!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top