Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Direct Golf - Golf MOT

Posted by: user430457 | Fri 30th Mar 2012 22:19 | Last Reply

As a "valued" customer i took up an email offer of a free 40 minute MOT at Direct Golf, Walsall this evening.

Apart from a couple of glitches [ i. they didn't have a record of my booking and ii. some of their flash equipment wasn't working ] i had a thoroughly enjoyable hour and a half.

Interestingly found out that my grips are knackered, the lie of my clubs was wrong for my stance and that the flex of my shafts varied but were generally on the very stiff side for my swing speed. I have to say i thought this kind of stuff wouldn't make too much difference but then having tried a number of different clubs set up to better suit me i was amazed at the difference in accuracy and distance. Could just be the seduction of handling shiny new gear of course.

Picked up a few good tips on my swing too so thanks to the chaps at Walsall, sadly i may have to go back soon to buy some new irons!

re: Direct Golf - Golf MOT
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 31st Mar 2012 17:36

Paul, it certainly does open your eyes when you have a chance to try different clubs that fit your swing profile.

Something as simple as having the lie of your clubs adjusted can make such a difference to your swing.

I remember having my new set custom fitted and finding out that the reason I used to hit a slice was the fact that my old clubs had a standard lie.  My new clubs were two degrees upright.

Russ

re: Direct Golf - Golf MOT
user430457
Reply : Sun 1st Apr 2012 10:40

Without a doubt it opened ny eyes.

Russ- that was exactly it, too stiff and 2 degrees out = slices. And i thought it was just me!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top