Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Shot visualisation

Posted by: user430457 | Wed 21st Mar 2012 18:57 | Last Reply

Could be a load of guff but here goes.

I'm often doing the tedious journey form Wolves down to Essex to attend fairly intense design meetings. The drive down tends to take 3 1/2 - 4 hours, the meetings anything from 3 -6 hours. As a treat i try to get 9 holes in before heading home.

On the way down yesterday, instead of getting would up with the M25 traffic i started to visualise the course and shots that i thought i'd like to play knowing the course from a few previous visits and also working on the 6 club selection relative to my h/cap advocated by a Patrick McHugh in a previous post.

Finally teed off at 4:30 and played the most together round of my short history, scoring 45, 10 over par, short game much improved and only one 3-putt - this is great for me. Ok, it was only 9 holes but was really pleased with the result.

I just wonder if there was anything in the thought i'd given beforehand? Either that or it was a) a fluke; b) i've improved more than i thought i had.

Certainly feel like i'm on the up.

re: Shot visualisation
user52922
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2012 19:13

All newcomers to this wonderful game are in, what I call, the happy zone, just pleased to get out onto the course and show signs of improvement.

Improvement is fast at this stage because the scope for improvement is vast. Good games breed confidence and confidence is a necessay attribute to play this game effectively.

Consign the poor rounds to the dustbin of history, never dwell on them at all and look forward to the next round. Good luck.

Last edit : Wed 21st Mar 2012 19:14
user338942
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2012 19:47

Shot visualisation is something I do as I approach each shot. I feel like if i have the shot mapped out in my head in terms of how I'm going to connect with the ball and ball flight etc, it breads confidence into the shot your I'm about to play

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2012 19:54

All wise words John.  I particularly like this

Consign the poor rounds to the dustbin of history, never dwell on them at all and look forward to the next round.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 22nd Mar 2012 12:41

I'd say concentrate on your driving!   

Russ

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 22nd Mar 2012 12:41

I'd say concentrate on your driving!   

Russ

user430457
Reply : Thu 22nd Mar 2012 19:35

Ha ha. I thought about pulling over and smacking one down the central reservation- could be an idea for bored commuters there!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top