Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

"What the hell am I supposed to do with that?"

Posted by: user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sat 3rd Mar 2012 20:04 | Last Reply

Playing the Avening at Minchinhampton today, I teed off on the 18th tee planning to keep it short of the fairway bunkers.  It went a little bit right but thought it would be OK.  Was a little confused when I didn't see it bounce but thought nothing much of it.  I walked up and couldn't see the ball anywhere so had a quick look in the bunker just in case.  Turns out it had carried to the bunker and was about 6" from the lip.  However, my lie wasn't very good, as you can see from the picture.   From playing it out, I can confirm that sand does indeed get everywhere (still getting it out of my ears). 

What's the most difficult lie you've had to play from?

SAMSUNG            http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7069/6803815920_aa9c7e7cb0.jpg" width="448" />

Last edit : Sat 3rd Mar 2012 21:08
re: "What the hell am I supposed to do with that?"
user16106
Reply : Sun 4th Mar 2012 10:20

Did you take it out to identify it was indeed your ball? It could have been any old titliest... Ala other very long thread........

Dave CAC handed Geordie

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 4th Mar 2012 11:09

Got to admit, the thought did occur to me Dave, but the rules say if you do you have ti replace the ball without improving your lie.  I didn't have a bucket and spade with me....

user77012
Reply : Sun 4th Mar 2012 11:53

I would love that shot!smileyhttp://www.golfshake.com/scripts/ckeditor362/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif" title="smiley" width="20" />

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 4th Mar 2012 16:14

Actually, I got it out first time.  And I must admit, there is something very satisfying about recovering from a difficult situation like that

user26342
Reply : Sun 4th Mar 2012 19:24

Well I'd check to see if you could remove loose impediments from the bunker............

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top