Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Love my new club

Posted by: user430457 | Sat 3rd Mar 2012 19:52 | Last Reply

I recently picked up a second hand Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 18 degree rescue [ that's a 3 iron i believe! ] and took it out to play today and wow, what results.

As well as filling a gap that i felt i had between my 4R and 5W it just felt like a massive leap in quality compared to my other clubs and boy, did the ball fly off it, straight too, which is always a bonus I find.

Shot 93 which I was delighted with being only the second time i've played this year.

re: Love my new club
user106712
Reply : Sat 3rd Mar 2012 21:01

18 degrees is more like a 2 iron, but as long as it works thats most important !

user430457
Reply : Sat 3rd Mar 2012 22:41

Interesting that you say that Adrian; when I was researching clubs I found that across various brands a 3R varied from 18* to 21*. As you say, as long as it does the job.

user21179
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 17:52

I used to use a TM 19* 3 rescue and like others have said loved it.

Over time i used it less and less compared to my 3 and 4 iron, so i gave up carrying it. (it is still in the hall cupboard)

I feel that i get a much more consistant strike with the irons and can flight the ball much lower.

So to answer your question, for me TM rescues are great, but I am only repeating old threads when i say that they are no replacement for long irons.

user38216
Reply : Tue 6th Mar 2012 20:06

Ive just got a TM Burner Superfast 3H (it is a 2H to any other maker than TM) - nice bit of kit but ive replaced the 5 wood rather than long irons with it.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top