Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Turning into my father

Posted by: user420026 | Wed 29th Feb 2012 19:30 | Last Reply

I played today and made the mistake of saying to one of my playing partners that I liked his new 'slacks' - needless to say I was ribbed for this for the duration of the round. I am 38 and seem to alarmingly be turning into my father (I even considered buying a pair of cream chinos the other day, before snapping out of it and getting a new pair of jeans) - my question is this; I like the idea of ditching my golf caps and wearing a 'trilby' when playing (a 'trendy' one) - am I too young to do so as I've always associated them with 'old' people? (and/or do I need help?).

Last edit : Wed 29th Feb 2012 19:32
re: Turning into my father
user356537
Reply : Thu 1st Mar 2012 17:00

Thanks to William Hunt and the Trilby Tour I think they are rather trendy these days!

user249902
Reply : Fri 2nd Mar 2012 09:37

i'm the same, have the same tolerance as my dad, which some days is not much. atm my golf is arguably better, my h'cap is going southwards but my dads is heading north,

user430457
Reply : Sat 3rd Mar 2012 20:39

I too am becoming increasling like my dad and at 47 have definitely become a 'grumpy'. Having said that dad has just come home after 6 weeks in hospital and is more cantankerous than ever; attaining new levels that I hope I never get near.On the subject of hats, a lad at work has a cool Kangol cap, might be worth looking at, certainly not 'old man' gear - could go well with your curly hair and cigar Darren!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top