Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ist round of 2012

Posted by: user430457 | Thu 16th Feb 2012 16:15 | Last Reply

After moaning the other day about not being able to play I took a day off and got a round in at Patshull Park in Shropshire. Shot 95 which with my Golfshake h/cap of 23 gives 72 which is Par so pretty happy with that.

Played some cracking tee shots- the winter practice on the range has really sorted out my slice so was much straighter and therefore achieved greater distances. Sadly let down by some fairly indifferent fairway shots, though I did try out a few different techniques and genrally pleased with the outcome.

The downside was i get held up behind a fourball compettion - 3 groups of 4 ahead of me - i guess the protocol is that competitons take priority over individuals though it meant it took me 3 3/4 hours which is way too long.

re: Ist round of 2012
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 17th Feb 2012 14:01

Just made it out for my first round of 2012 also.  Felt good, hopefully the cold weather will keep away now!

We (2 ball) played behind a 3 ball but managed to get round in 3hours 25mins which wasn't to bad.

user24437
Reply : Fri 17th Feb 2012 15:17

Blimey, I've had a slow start this year because I've only managed to play 10 rounds in 2012.....

user21179
Reply : Fri 17th Feb 2012 17:02

You are indeed unfortunate to have played 10 games in 7 weeks Tim !!

My second round of the year on monday was so bad that i booked a course of video lessons with the pro today !!

Not playing, and when you do, swinging terribly is not the start i was looking for in 2012.

Mind you, you have seen for yourself how badly i can swing lol.

Tim

user38216
Reply : Fri 17th Feb 2012 17:18

Keep it up for the NVS Tim - it will be like taking candy from a baby - only joking hope you sort it out soon will be good to meet up again!

user21179
Reply : Fri 17th Feb 2012 17:26

I would love to blame my new titleist irons but the truth is i need to regroove my swing.

I have probably only had 20 rounds in the last 2 years since my kids were born and my swing shows it.

With the lessons and lots of time on the practise ground i should just about be hitting some form come july Dave !!!!

user16106
Reply : Fri 17th Feb 2012 17:27

How bad is bad Tim ? Where did you play?

Dave CAC handed Geordie.

user21179
Reply : Fri 17th Feb 2012 17:41

Hi Dave

We played the rivers and lakes at Singing Hills.

It was very wet, which is no excuse, but everyone did struggle.

I had 21 points which doesnt sound disasterious, but as you know its not that tough a track.

My ball striking was just terrible, i reckon 1 or maybe 2 shots came off the middle of the club all round.

It was enough to prompt a course of lessons anyway.

Heres hoping they help.

Tim

user16106
Reply : Fri 17th Feb 2012 18:54

I havnt played there for a while. I remember I shot 11 on that island green, 9 off the tee I think. Tin cup moment.

Dave CAC handed Geordie

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top