The Abbey 4*, 1 Night 2 Rounds - £99 (was £159)
1 in 12 play and stay for free. The Abbey, Redditch, Worcestershire.
- 1 to 31 Oct 2017
- Valid Fridays
- Sunday nights are just £89 pp from Oct to Dec 2017
- Saturday nights are £109 pp in Oct 2017
CALL: 0800 4580 288
Remember to quote ‘Golfshake10’
Deal provided by
Abbey Hotel Golf Club is 'HIGHLY RECOMMENDED' and rated 4.23 from 188 reviews
Take a long weekend and experience the wonderfully charming Abbey Hotel Golf and Country Club in Redditch, North Worcestershire. During your stay you'll the play the estate’s highly regarded championship course that has become a regular venue for county matches.
- 1 night, dinner, bed & breakfast, and two rounds of golf on the Abbey Course.
- 1 in 12 stay and play for free.
- £99 pp (was £159)
Autumn Weekend Specials
- ·Sunday nights are only £89 pp for 1 night dinner, bed and breakfast and 2 rounds from October to December 2017
- Saturday nights in October 2017 are only £109 pp for 1 night and 2 rounds
All pricing is based on two people sharing a twin room and subject to availability.
Why We Like It
- The Abbey Course was designed by Donald Steel, the renowned course architect
- This popular 6173 yard course is picturesque and hugely enjoyable, featuring mature trees, wide fairways, lakes and generous rough
- If you’re looking for comfortable accommodation, the modern and exquisitely designed hotel boasts contemporary en-suite rooms, offering luxury and excellent facilities.
- Situated near Birmingham, it’s easily accessible but also within proximity of the city, which is handy for anyone hoping to catch urban nightlife or entertainment, but the quality of the estate should be more than enough to keep you enthralled during a stay.
There are 100 rooms in the sprawling Abbey Hotel Golf and County Club, which all deliver a supreme level of service. Each of them provides cotton duvets, free WiFi access, H2K toiletries and a hospitality tray, making evenings spent on site a pleasurable experience. Suitable for a group of friends on an excursion together, guests may also take advantage of the beautiful 14-metre swimming pool with Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, not to mention the excellent gymnasium ideal for those of a more athletic persuasion.
You’ll certainly be impressed with the accommodation, but also the golf course itself, which has grown significantly in stature through the years since it was laid out by respected architect Donald Steel. Having recently been enhanced and upgraded, the holes are now fresh and relevant for the modern game, providing a fun and enjoyable test that should delight golfers of all ability levels.
The landing areas may be generous off the tee – the fairways are wide – but there is enough of a challenge to captivate seasoned players, not to mention those of us who simply enjoy the tranquillity and setting of a well maintained and aesthetically pleasing layout, which makes the most of the lakes and mature trees that frame many of the holes, most notably the picturesque seventh and par four 13th, both of which are regarded as signature features of the course.
Ultimately, for those looking for quality golf and superb hotel facilities at a reasonable price, it’s hard to beat the Abbey. Positioned near Birmingham, the estate is easily accessible for guests visiting from both the north and south, and is ideal for a posse of friends on a break together, or a couple in search of a quiet retreat to a comfortable destination.
- Driving Range
- Putting Greens
- Golf Buggies
- Sauna & Steam Room
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Award Winning Restaurant
- All booking are made in accordance with Golfbreaks.com's booking terms, which can be seen here.
- Prices for packages on a particular date are subject to availability
- All pricing is based on two people sharing a twin room.
Top Rated Reviews
Never been disappointed playing The Abbey...it is a great test of golf. One guy i spoke to today is a member at Stratford Oaks and was v excited about winning a comp to play a 4 ball at The Abbey today. no 2 holes are the same - no boring up and down fairways at the Abbey. There are only 2 holes where if you miss the fairway you are on another fairway to play from (12 & 13) and (11&16) everywhere else you are in deep trouble for missing the fairway (like Jordan Spieth's wild tee shot on the 13th on last day of the Open!). Be straight or beware!
Final testament - the player behind me this evening was only one of the greenkeepers / groundsmen! Talk about taking your own medicine!?
(Round played: Jul 2017 - Score: 90 Handicap: 14.9)
(Round played: Apr 2017 - Score: 99 Handicap: 14.4)
Good condition, greens had a fertiliser on that effected putting it added 10 shots to my round and wasn't very pleasant but the consistency of the greens was good and the fairways and Tees were in good condition. Course a little crowded and many members did not allow faster players to play through.
(Round played: Apr 2017 - Score: 99 Handicap: 16.9)
(Round played: Mar 2017 - Score: 86 Handicap: 14.6)
The golf courses reviews are the personal opinions of members of Golfshake who completed a review after playing the course. These opinions do not necessarily represent the views of Golfshake.com
Deal provided by