Faldo Series 2013 UK Dates Announced
The Faldo Series has announced its UK schedule for 2013 with a reduced entry fee for the second successive year that the six-time Major winner hopes will further increase the accessibility of its tournaments to young golfers of all backgrounds.
“Thanks to continued support from our partners, including The R&A, the European Tour and ISPS we are able to reduce the UK entry fee for a second successive year and make the Faldo Series even more accessible,” said Sir Nick Faldo. “As a registered charity, the Series aims to bring opportunity to talented young golfers, regardless of background, so I hope that by further reducing the financial burden on competitors and their parents, even more youngsters can benefit.”
“We have been pleased to support Sir Nick, a three-time Open Champion, since he launched the Faldo Series in 1996,” commented Alison White, Assistant Director of Golf Development at The R&A. “Nick’s efforts match The R&A’s commitment to golf development, not only in the UK but also across Europe, Asia and South America where the Faldo Series is active. We applaud his efforts over the past two years to make the Series even more accessible to young golfers in the UK.”
After a successful 2012, the UK schedule for 2013 features the same eight championship courses across England, Scotland and Wales. For an entry fee of GBP 45, boys and girls aged 12 to 21 will play one practice round and two tournament rounds at their chosen venue. The five age-group winners at each tournament – three boys and two girls – will join the former world number one at the 17th Faldo Series Europe Grand Final.
A new entry format is also in place to allow players more time to enter those tournaments later in the season. The first four events on the schedule – Moortown (April 3-4), West Lancs (April 10-11), Royal Ashdown Forest (April 23-24) and Trentham (May 28-29), all in England and all Open Championship qualifying venues – are open for entry until February 22. The second four events – Panmure (June 26-27) in Scotland, Old Fold Manor (July 1-2) near London, Pyle and Kenfig (July 9-10) in Wales and Hollinwell in Nottinghamshire (August 20-21) – are open for entry until May 24.
The 2012 Faldo Series Europe schedule featured a record 20 tournaments in 14 countries including six in England plus others in Bahrain, Ireland, Chile, the Czech Republic, Greece, Wales, Austria, Brazil, Germany, The Netherlands, Scotland, Slovakia and Russia. A full European schedule for 2013 will be announced in the coming weeks.
Established in 1996, 40 Faldo Series tournaments now take place in 30 countries worldwide with more than 7,000 golfers participating each year. Past winners include Major Champions and current world number ones Rory McIlroy and Yani Tseng.
Golfers born in 1992 or later wishing to enter a 2013 Faldo Series UK Championship should visit www.nickfaldo.com
You can also follow the Faldo Series on Facebook at www.facebook.com/faldoseries and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/faldoseries
comments powered by Disqus
- Callaway Unveils New Line Of XR 16 Drive
- Autumn Winter 2016 Collection Launched B
- Hellidon Lakes Will Stage Opening Event
- Craig Watson Named G&I Walker Cup And St
- Stunning La Manga Club Ready To Welcome
- QHotels Offer Stunning Packages & Benefi
- Seve's The Shire London Introduces Uniqu
- Sicily's Luxury Verdura Resort Raises Go
- Watch Sir Terry Wogan's Extraordinary Te
- The History Of Accident Prone Golfers
- Watch Tiger Woods' Famous Phoenix Open H
- New Oversized Putter Grips Introduced By
- Dubai Desert Classic Preview, Picks & An
- Under Armour Launches Women's Apparel Li
- New TFi Putters Unveiled By Cleveland
- Phoenix Open Preview, Picks & Analysis
Latest Golf News
- Callaway Unveils New Line Of XR 16 Drivers & Fairway Woods
- Autumn Winter 2016 Collection Launched By Callaway Apparel
- Hellidon Lakes Will Stage Opening Event Of 2016 Shires Golf Tour
- Craig Watson Named G&I Walker Cup And St. Andrews Links Trophy Captain
- Stunning La Manga Club Ready To Welcome Winter Weary Golfers
Tee Time Search
We recently rolled out a new search tool to make finding somewhere to play easier so you can find the right course, at the right time and at the right price. Why not give it a go?