UK Golf Guide
Online golf course directory; view course information, tee time offers and get feedback from the course before you play by reading the 1000s of independent reviews.
Titleist 913 Custom Fit Feature
Golfshake's Owen Davies visited the Titleist National Custom Fitting centre in St Ives, Cambridgeshire to try out the new 913 Driver. Find out how he got on....
Editorial Feature: The Future of Golf
Few people that watched the final day of the 39th Ryder Cup could deny it was one of the most astonishing and captivating moments they had witnessed in sport.
3 ball slice drill
Dean Halford, The Online Golf Coach, talks us through a simple 3 ball drill to help cure the slice shot, something effecting the majority of golfers at some point.
Play the Perfect series: Chip from the rough
James Ellis, creator of the Pocket Pro golf app, provides some tips to help play a chip shot when in the rough.
- Score Tracker
- Golf Handicap
Jahns Wins First Faldo Series in Austria
Posted by: Darren Ramowski on Tue 17 Jul 2012
Keanu Jahns of Germany fired a final-round 69 to claim the first Faldo Series Austria Championship at Waidhofen Golf Resort by four shots. Three Austrian players will join the 16-year-old at the Faldo Series Europe Grand Final in Northern Ireland.
“My putting was the difference today and that was thanks to advice from Keith Wood,” said Jahns in reference to Sir Nick Faldo’s personal coach who attended the 54-hole tournament. “The Grand Final will be my first time in Ireland and I can’t wait.”
Joining Jahns (-6) at the sixteenth Grand Final at Lough Erne Resort on September 11-13 will be Markus Habeler (Boys’ Under-21), Christoph Pelzmann (Boys’ Under-16) and Marlies Krenn (Girls’ Under-21). The Austrian trio won their age-groups in Waidhofen an der Thaya to qualify for the Faldo-hosted World Amateur Golf Ranking event.
The fifth Grand Final spot went to Michaela Fabiankova of the Czech Republic, runner-up to Krenn in the girls’ division.
Supported by The R&A, the European Tour and Lough Erne Resort, the 2012 Faldo Series Europe schedule features a record 20 tournaments in 14 countries including six in England plus others in Bahrain, Ireland, Chile, the Czech Republic, Greece, Wales, Austria, Brazil, Germany, The Netherlands, Scotland, Slovakia and Russia.
Established in 1996, 38 Faldo Series tournaments now take place in 28 countries worldwide with more than 7,000 golfers participating each year. Past winners include Major Champions Rory McIlroy and Yani Tseng.
Leading final scores: Boys’ Under-21: 214 – Markus Habeler (AUT) 73-73-68; 223 – Adam Rajmont (CZE) 68-79-76; 227 – Nikolaus Wimmer (AUT) 77-78-72. Boys’ Under-18: 210 – Keanu Jahns (GER) 70-71-69; 217 – Lukas Lipold (AUT) 74-73-70, Martin Hromadka (CZE). Boys’ Under-16: 220 – Christoph Pelzmann (AUT) 74-75-71; 221 – Christopher Fisher (AUT) 72-75-74; 226 – Timo Vahlenkamp (GER) 76-76-74. Girls’ Under-21: 217 – Marlies Krenn (AUT) 73-75-69; 225 – Michaela Fabiankova (CZE) 74-78-73; 226 – Anastasia Mickan (GER) 75-77-74.
Leave Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 2013 BMW PGA Championship Preview
- ECCO Golf announce expansion of revoluti
- PING G25 Driver Review
- NIKE launch TW'14 shoe with revolutionar
- Volvo World Matchplay is drawn as player
- Top 10 players never to win the US OPEN
- PUMA Faas Lite - Rickie Fowler stars in
- HP Byron Nelson Championship Preview & P
- 100th Winner of Boss Watch After Recording a Hole-in-One
- Scottish Duo on Top of the World at The Carrick on Loch Lomond
- Young Ambassadors to Work Alongside the World's Best Golfers at BMW PGA
- Free Golf Lessons for Juniors At Dartmouth Golf and Country Club
- Ballesteros to be Honoured by La Manga Club with New Tournament
- Custom Fit - What's it all about
- Golf by Train
- 2011 Season Preview - What did we think ?
- PGA Health for Handicap
- Renaissance of Golf
- Celebrity Interviews - DJ Spoony
- Why Golfshake can help get your game on track.
- Cost of Taking your Clubs Abroad
- Golfshake Birdie Challenge
- The Future is Bright for European Golf