UK Golf Guide
Online golf course directory; view course information, tee time offers and get feedback from the course before you play by reading the 1000s of independent reviews.
Titleist 913 Custom Fit Feature
Golfshake's Owen Davies visited the Titleist National Custom Fitting centre in St Ives, Cambridgeshire to try out the new 913 Driver. Find out how he got on....
Editorial Feature: The Future of Golf
Few people that watched the final day of the 39th Ryder Cup could deny it was one of the most astonishing and captivating moments they had witnessed in sport.
3 ball slice drill
Dean Halford, The Online Golf Coach, talks us through a simple 3 ball drill to help cure the slice shot, something effecting the majority of golfers at some point.
Play the Perfect series: Chip from the rough
James Ellis, creator of the Pocket Pro golf app, provides some tips to help play a chip shot when in the rough.
- Score Tracker
- Golf Handicap
Jubilee Street Golf
Posted by: Darren Ramowski on Fri 08 Jun 2012
Jubilee celebrations embrace golf. Guest Post from Jon Woodroffe at World of Golf New Malden.
The celebrations for the Queens Diamond Jubilee took many forms from massive flotilla’s in the Thames to the humble street party where friends and neighbours came together to have fun play games and socialise without the distractions of traffic coming up and down the road.
On one such street party PGA Advanced Fellow Jon Woodroffe decided it would be great fun to hold a street golf competition as part of the games on offer. So with the use of some foam, low bounce golf balls to ensure there was no danger to man, vehicle or property, he set about “constructing” a 9 hole golf course for his friends and neighbours to play. The holes were all around 15 yards long and consisted of hitting the golf balls into targets for which a sum of points were awarded according to the degree of difficulty of the “hole” - for example the skip was fairly easy so attained a single point, whereas the hanging basket was certainly trickier and collected 10 points for the successful shot. The players were allowed 3 shots at each of the 9 hole targets and then their total score was taken. Other targets used included a cement mixer and the open boot of a parked car.
It was a great success with many of the people claiming the street golf one of the most enjoyable part of the day. The winner was young Alfie with a score of 21 points amassed from successful shots into the hanging basket, the skip and a canoe.
Leave Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- Will Sergio Garcia ever grow up?
- ECCO Golf announce expansion of revoluti
- PING G25 Driver Review
- Your deal to play the 2014 Ryder Cup Cou
- PUMA Faas Lite - Rickie Fowler stars in
- Top 10 players never to win the US OPEN
- NIKE launch TW'14 shoe with revolutionar
- Volvo World Matchplay is drawn as player
- 2012/2013 Golf Care Matchplay Championship Winners
- Faldo Series Continues to Support Golf in Czech Republic
- Moving Day at The Golf Care Matchplay Championship in Dubai
- Final Spots Available for Oceanico World Kids Golf Championship
- The Golf Care Matchplay Championship Finale Gets Underway in Dubai
- Custom Fit - What's it all about
- Golf by Train
- 2011 Season Preview - What did we think ?
- PGA Health for Handicap
- Renaissance of Golf
- Celebrity Interviews - DJ Spoony
- Why Golfshake can help get your game on track.
- Cost of Taking your Clubs Abroad
- Golfshake Birdie Challenge
- The Future is Bright for European Golf