Award-Winning ClubstoHire is Hailed in Hamburg
Paul McGinley’s golf club hire operation, ClubstoHire.com, has won the ‘innovation’ award for ‘best service’ at the golf industry awards in Germany hosted by the prestigious Golf Magazin.
The annual ceremony, held in Hamburg last Friday (February 17) attracted more than 300 people and was given extensive media exposure in Germany.
Ireland-based ClubstoHire.com has been trading only since July 2010, when it opened its first outlet at Faro Airport – and since then it has opened six further stores with more planned for 2012 and has saved more than 25,000 customers an estimated €900,000 on airlines’ excess baggage charges.
McGinley was unable to attend the event as he was competing in the Avantha Masters, in New Delhi, where he ultimately finished tied 14th. But his fellow ClubstoHire director, Tony Judge, was on hand to pick up the award.
He said: “We are thrilled to receive the award as Golf Magazin is truly representative of the German market. It is a great fillip to us to know that German golfers appreciate our service and that we were up on stage with some of the biggest names in golf such as TaylorMade and adidas.
“We will not rest on our laurels – we will continue to provide the best possible club-hire service for travelling golfers and we will also continue to expand to ensure that ClubstoHire.com operations are available in as many golfing destinations as possible.
“We anticipate that 2012 will be another good year for us as we have several new store openings already scheduled and are in discussion over several more. We’re fighting a David vs Goliath battle against large airlines who continue to increase their carriage charges for sporting goods, but like David we believe we – and by virtue, golfers – will win in the end.”
A broad equipment range is offered by ClubstoHire from just €35 per week, with options available from TaylorMade (including R11S and the new RocketBallz), Callaway, Wilson and MD Golf; all clubs are offered – left or right-handed, ladies and men’s – and hire is available from just one day to a full four weeks. For those wishing to travel extra-light, shoe hire is also available.
For more information vist the Golfshake feature: www.golfshake.com/course/golftrip/clubs-to-hire/
comments powered by Disqus
- Titleist rewarding Pro V1 loyalists in 2
- Powakaddy announce improvements to 2015
- 9 Golfers who fell off a cliff
- Tee Times now even easier to book follow
- GolfBuddy introduce the BB5 GPS Band
- Feature Review - PUMA TITANTOUR [First I
- PGA and European Tour – Best Composite
- Stenson left fuming following slow play
Latest Golf News
- Fairmont St Andrews offering Scotland's finest exports in one package
- Onyria Palmares Beach & Golf Resort to Open Five-Star Hotel in 2016
- Moray Golf Club offers golf & whiskey packages
- Kedleston Park named Derbyshire’s Number 1 by ‘Top 100 Golf Courses of the World’ Website
- Unlimited Golf on offer this Spring in Lisbon
Get involved with our new Fairway Finders in association with COBRA golf!
Simply track your scores and advance stats including fairways hit to be in with a chance of winning some amazing prizes.