UK Golf Guide
Online golf course directory; view course information, tee time offers and get feedback from the course before you play by reading the 1000s of independent reviews.
Titleist 913 Custom Fit Feature
Golfshake's Owen Davies visited the Titleist National Custom Fitting centre in St Ives, Cambridgeshire to try out the new 913 Driver. Find out how he got on....
Editorial Feature: The Future of Golf
Few people that watched the final day of the 39th Ryder Cup could deny it was one of the most astonishing and captivating moments they had witnessed in sport.
3 ball slice drill
Dean Halford, The Online Golf Coach, talks us through a simple 3 ball drill to help cure the slice shot, something effecting the majority of golfers at some point.
Play the Perfect series: Chip from the rough
James Ellis, creator of the Pocket Pro golf app, provides some tips to help play a chip shot when in the rough.
- Score Tracker
- Golf Handicap
Golf Days Race to Stoke Park - Calling All Essex Golfers
Posted by: Darren Ramowski on Wed 01 Feb 2012
Following on from the success of last year’s Race to Celtic Manor Norfolk Tour, where players had the opportunity to tour Norfolk, competing in tournaments throughout various golf clubs, with the winner winning a fabulous stay at the luxurious Celtic Manor, Golf Days UK is thrilled to announce the upcoming tour, the Race to Stoke Park, with this time the golf clubs of Essex playing host!
Inspired by the European Tour’s Race to Dubai, the Race to Stoke Park Essex Tour 2012 comprises of 10 events throughout 2012, starting at The Essex Golf and Country Club on 10th February.
Players can enter as many events as they like, but they must enter a minimum of 5 to be eligible to win the trip to Stoke Park, Europe’s Leading 5 Star Hotel, Spa and Country Club based in Buckinghamshire – the more events they play the more chance they have of winning the tour as its their best 5 scores over the year that makes up their total. The player with highest total will win the one night stay for two at Stoke Park and the runner up will receive a full set of custom fit irons from the tour’s secondary sponsor, Chris Potter Golf in Norfolk!
How the tour works:
Each event is played off a ¾ handicap and is a stable ford format. Competitors don’t have to have a handicap certificate to play in the events, but they must have knowledge of golf and golf etiquette. Golf Days UK monitor all handicaps from event to event so no one will ever be playing off a false handicap!
Players can select who they want to play with, so if they have a regular group of players and they all want to play on tour, all the players need to do is let Golf Days UK know who they want to play with and Golf Days UK will ensure they play with them.
There are prizes to win on each event. Golf Days UK always provides a choice of prizes whoever wins shouldn’t go home with something they don’t really want! Typical on the day prizes are as follows:
1st – Bag, wedges, putter, shoes, premium balls, premium clothing
2nd – Golf shirts, balls, belts, skinny bags
3rd – Hats, towels, shoe bags etc
There is also a prize for the nearest the pin and longest drive on each event.
How much to participate:
All events are priced at £29 and if you are a member at one of the hosting clubs it is £5 for them when the tour is at their club! The great thing about the tour is that the cost is similar to that what players would pay for their usual green fee, but with all the great prizes on offer also!
Golf Days UK founder Ben Phillips says,’ We are absolutely delighted to be launching the Essex Tour this year and we are grateful to all the clubs for hosting us! The tour gives players an opportunity to compete in a friendly environment and win some amazing prizes, with the winning prize being an amazing stay at the awesome Stoke Park Country Club and Resort.’
The Race to Stoke Park Essex Tour 2012 schedule is as follows:
- Friday 10th February – The Essex Golf & Country Club
- Friday 30th March - Crowne Plaze Five Lakes – The Links Course
- Friday 20th April – South Essex Golf Club
- Sunday 20th May – Three Rivers Golf Club
- Sunday 17th June – Stapleford Abbots Golf Club
- Friday 27th July – Crowne Plaza Five Lakes –The Lakes Course
- Sunday 19th August – Benton Hall Golf Club
- Sunday 23rd September – Blakes Golf Club
- Friday 19th October – Woolston Manor
- Friday 16th November –Stock Brook Manor Golf Club
Leave Commentscomments powered by Disqus
- 2012/2013 Golf Care Matchplay Championship Winners
- Faldo Series Continues to Support Golf in Czech Republic
- Moving Day at The Golf Care Matchplay Championship in Dubai
- Final Spots Available for Oceanico World Kids Golf Championship
- The Golf Care Matchplay Championship Finale Gets Underway in Dubai
- Custom Fit - What's it all about
- Golf by Train
- 2011 Season Preview - What did we think ?
- PGA Health for Handicap
- Renaissance of Golf
- Celebrity Interviews - DJ Spoony
- Why Golfshake can help get your game on track.
- Cost of Taking your Clubs Abroad
- Golfshake Birdie Challenge
- The Future is Bright for European Golf