Cleveland Unveils Forgiving Cavity Backed Wedge
Cleveland Golf has unveiled an exciting new category of wedges with the release of the new Cleveland CBX Wedge, which is a cavity back wedge that has been created for the 84% of golfers who also play cavity back irons. These wedges will be launched throughout the UK & and Ireland next month.
Cleveland Golf is a trailblazer of wedge design, continually innovating short game technologies since 1979. Their latest wedge offering, the Cleveland CBX Wedge, is a new take on traditional wedge philosophy aimed at the segment of golfers who play forgiving cavity back irons.
The Cleveland CBX is built to be more forgiving and easier to hit than tour-designed wedges while providing dramatically more spin and versatility than set-matching wedges. This totally new wedge design—modeled to complement the address profile and swing weight of the most popular cavity back irons—is designed to look, feel, and play like the game improvement irons used by 84% of the golf market.
Whilst the Cleveland Golf RTX-3 wedges are designed for skilled players, the Cleveland CBX is positioned as a forgiving yet versatile wedge that caters to the needs of the majority of golfers.
John Rae, Vice President of Research and Development at Cleveland Golf, explained how the new Cleveland CBX fits into the existing wedge market: “Wedges that match iron sets have next to no spin technology and sole designs that are ill equipped for the demands of the short game. Tour wedges are versatile and spin the ball but are significantly heavier and lack the forgiveness features that most golfers are used to in their irons. The Cleveland CBX combines the spin and versatility of our tour wedges with a cavity back design so golfers get plenty of control and forgiveness.”
Key Innovations Inside Cleveland CBX Wedges:
- A Cavity Back Wedge Design offers more forgiveness and blends with the look, feel and weight of cavity back iron sets.
- A Rotex Face, the most advanced wedge spin technology ever made, helps the CBX produce spin just like a tour-designed wedge.
- A Dual-V Sole Grind offers forgiving turf interaction, delivers extra assistance on bunker shots, and provides versatility when executing different short game shots.
- Feel Balancing Technology repositions the center of gravity for better feel and distance control.
Cleveland CBX wedges are offered in left and right-handed options with Men’s steel shafts and Women’s graphite shafts. The wedges are available in 46 through 60-degree lofts, each with the new Dual V Sole Grind. Men’s steel and Women’s graphite are priced at SRP £109 / €135.
For further information on the new CBX Wedges and all Cleveland Golf products visit www.clevelandgolf.co.uk.
comments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- Callaway Ambassadors Showcase Autumn Winter Collection
- Volvik Golf Balls Make Stunning Impact on UK Market
- Sun Mountain Unveils Largest Bag Range for 2018 Season
- Callaway Launches Apex MB and X Forged Irons
- Break Your Handicap Challenge with Galvin Green