PING G400 Driver Review
PING have announced the launch of their new G400 range of clubs that include a Driver, Fairway Wood, Hybrid, Crossover and Irons.
We recently headed to the golf course to put the new G400 Driver to the test and review the new technology that PING have unveiled that means faster ball speeds and straighter drives.
The improvements that have been achieved by PING within the G400 Driver focus in on a thinner face meaning a hotter feel from the club and up to two miles an hour more ball speed. This can mean a golfer can gain around 6-8y yards in distance. That has been coupled with the improved turbulators meaning that this is the fastest PING driver ever made.
While PING are keen to gain golfers distance they have also been working on improving shot dispersion and as a result have created their highest MOI driver ever. This has been achieved in part by improving the Dragonfly technology and saving weight from the crown meaning that it can be used elsewhere in the club to improve MOI and reduce twist.
To compliment the new and improved driver head PING have a range of shafts on offer:
- Graphite shafts ALTA CB 55 (Soft R, R, S, X) - RRP £389
- Premium graphite shafts PING Tour 173-65 (R, S, X), PING Tour 75 (R, S, X) - RRP £389
- Aftermarket premium shafts Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver DC TiNi 60 (R, S, X) - RRP £449
- Aftermarket premium shafts Grafalloy HZRDUS Yellow 75 (5.5, 6.0, 6.5) - RRP £449
- Aftermarket premium shafts Aldila X Torsion 65 (R, S) - RRP £449
PING have also broken with tradition and are now fitting the Golf Pride's Tour Velvet Grip as standard to all clubs.
The Driver will be available in the folowing head and loft options:
- Standard version - 9* & 10.5*
- LST (low spin) - 8.5 & & 10*
- SFT (straight flight) - 10* & 12*
- The trajsctory tuning tech allows the hosel to adjust +/- 1*
PING G400 Fairway Wood Review >>>
PING G400 Hybrid Review >>>
PING G400 Crossover Review >>>
PING G400 Irons Review >>>
PING Tour Player react to new G400 Driver >>>
comments powered by Disqus