PUMA Golf and Rickie Fowler Auction Off Special Edition Arnold Palmer Shoe
Arnold Palmer's extraordinary legacy this week at Bay Hill for the first Arnold Palmer Invitational since his death last year at the age of 87. Rickie Fowler will be paying tribute to The KING, sporting the iconic umbrella logo on his hat and polo, and on Wednesday, the 28-year-old will be sporting a commemorative pair of PUMA Golf IGNITE Hi-Tops, featuring famous images of the legendary seven-time major champion.
The custom PUMA Golf Hi-Tops were designed and created by Dominic Chambrone, also known as The Shoe Surgeon, as commissioned by PUMA Golf. Only two pairs of the shoes exist – one Rickie will wear, and the other, personally autographed by Rickie, will be auctioned off for charity. All proceeds from the auction will go to support Arnie’s Army Charitable Foundation.
"I feel privileged to have known Arnie and be able to call him a friend. I wanted to do something to celebrate what he did on the course and more importantly how he used his platform to benefit others through his Foundation,” said Fowler. “He is the King after all!!"
As part of the design process, Chambrone utilised a high-grade infused graphic printed directly into the leather, resulting in a vibrant, high-quality finish. He then hand-cut each piece to fit the exact specs of the PUMA Golf Hi-Top. Other key features:
- The Velcro strap is laser engraved with Palmer’s signature.
- Behind the tongue of the left shoe is the iconic umbrella logo that has become synonymous with Arnold’s brands.
- Behind the tongue of the right shoe includes a quote from Fowler in remembrance of The King. It reads: “Legends never die. You will live on forever Arnie. I will never forget the bear hug in front of the clubhouse at Augusta, watching you hit your final tee shot there, and to spending time with you in the locker room at Bay Hill. Thank you for being you and giving me the opportunity to do what I get to do everyday! I love you as did everyone! RIP The King.”
The pair featured in the auction will come in a custom wood engraved box with Arnie’s signature and dates of life.
The auction will run Wednesday – Sunday. See how you can bid by clicking here.
comments powered by Disqus
Latest Golf News
- St Enodoc Showcases Hidden Gem Second Course
- Mizuno Launches 2017/18 Collection of Golf Bags
- Tenerife's Golf del Sur Celebrates 30th Anniversary
- Former Solider Just Six Feet Away From Securing One Million Dollars
- American Golf Crowns 2017 Champions at The Belfry