UK Golf Guide
Online golf course directory; view course information, tee time offers and get feedback from the course before you play by reading the 1000s of independent reviews.
Titleist 913 Custom Fit Feature
Golfshake's Owen Davies visited the Titleist National Custom Fitting centre in St Ives, Cambridgeshire to try out the new 913 Driver. Find out how he got on....
Editorial Feature: The Future of Golf
Few people that watched the final day of the 39th Ryder Cup could deny it was one of the most astonishing and captivating moments they had witnessed in sport.
3 ball slice drill
Dean Halford, The Online Golf Coach, talks us through a simple 3 ball drill to help cure the slice shot, something effecting the majority of golfers at some point.
Play the Perfect series: Chip from the rough
James Ellis, creator of the Pocket Pro golf app, provides some tips to help play a chip shot when in the rough.
- Score Tracker
- Golf Handicap
Group event/competitions administration
The group system provides a comprehensive event system to run your group, society or leagues games online. Events are created by administrators via the events page or from the admin part of the site
Admin > Comps/Events > Create Comp
For information on creating and using leader boards click here.
Options available include:
- Creating the event
- Event modification & administration
- Assigning players to groups
- Scoring, handicaps, leaderboards & results
- Results & Stats
Creating events goes through a simple 4 step process.
Events options include:
- Step 1: Game title - name of your event ie 2013 Round 1
- Step 1: Club/course - required to allow score and tee/score card selection
- Step 1: Event date - required for the start date of your event
- Step 1: Date to - ignore (future option for multi game evetnts ie trips/multi round)
- Step 1: Public game - allow non group members to join your event
- Step 1: Multi Game event - ignore (future feature coming soon ie trips/multi round)
- Step 2: Tee time - assign first tee time (helps assign group times & sunrise/sunset estimates)
- Step 2: Cost - event cost
- Step 2: Format - stableford, stroke etc
- Step 2: Game Type - social game, society game
- Step 2: Leaderboard - assign event leaderboard if tracked as part of a multi event series (more info here)
- Step 2: Set Default Tee - set default player tee/scorecard improves score card entry
- Step 2: Max Players & Max Handicap - options to set max players or max handicap
- Step 2: Overview - 140 character event overview
- Step 3: Add players
- select existing group members to play in the event (note use of SHIFT/CTRL to select multiple players)
- auto assignment of groups using option at the bottom
- Step 4: Invite Golfshake members (only available for public events)
Once you have created your event additional options are available from the event admin of the individual event:
- Add Players - add existing group members to an event
- Registered Players - approve & delete players already assigned to an event
- Assign Groups - assign players to groups (this is required before you can add scores, see below)
- Scoring - score entry, results & handicap updates (see below for more information)
- Docs - update any event information for rules etc
- PM - send a private message to the Golfshake members registered to the event
- Admin - access reports and CSV data backup
- report for players, groups and tee times
- report for post event results and scores
Players already assigned to groups are listed on the right. Players not assigned to a group are listed on the left hand 'selection' window.
Remember: to update with 'save group' when you modify any group from the 'group' window
Once all players are assigned to group you can then add the scores. The scoring admin page will provide details on any player not assigned to a group or with an incomplete round.
Complete Event Results Update
Access the final results, player scores, scoring breakdown plus event analysis showing average scores & hole ratings.