Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Mizuno mx100

Posted by: user433748 | Mon 31st Oct 2011 11:36 | Last Reply

Hi

I am new to the site so firstly id like to introduce myself.

My name is Steve and ive just got back into golf after a long absence from the game.

Ive just picked up some Mizuno mx100 irons but only manage to get 6-pw, does anyone know where i can get a 4,5,& sw from? or would you go with a 4&5 hybrid which i hav seen on ebay

Thanks

Steve

re: Mizuno mx100
user106712
Reply : Mon 31st Oct 2011 15:59

I'm not certain but it seems to me that the irons were from 6 to sw and the 4 and 5 irons were replaced with hybrids. if you want matching irons then mx19 irons are very similar. But nothing wrong with hybrids and many players prefer them. Y E Yang has 6 iron upwards and hybrids replace his long irons.

Whatever is easiest to play with. and maybe buy a set of wedges from a different make. Ram do nice ones very reasonable.  maybe a 52 and 56 would be good for a start.  http://golfdepot.co.uk/product/details/ram-evolution-wedge/      

user249902
Reply : Mon 31st Oct 2011 16:11

Chris. I wish you hadn't posted the above. I have looked at the mx100 more than once, but have decidde to stick with my Ping G10's. Hopefully a decision I wont be regretting this time next year

user106712
Reply : Mon 31st Oct 2011 17:01

Ping g10's are very nice and I don't see any point in changing them until you get your handicap down to single figures or low teens. They are forgiving wide soled irons deep cavity back clubs much like the mx100's so you would be changing for similar.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top