UK Golf Guide
Online golf course directory; view course information, tee time offers and get feedback from the course before you play by reading the 1000s of independent reviews.
Titleist 913 Custom Fit Feature
Golfshake's Owen Davies visited the Titleist National Custom Fitting centre in St Ives, Cambridgeshire to try out the new 913 Driver. Find out how he got on....
Editorial Feature: The Future of Golf
Few people that watched the final day of the 39th Ryder Cup could deny it was one of the most astonishing and captivating moments they had witnessed in sport.
3 ball slice drill
Dean Halford, The Online Golf Coach, talks us through a simple 3 ball drill to help cure the slice shot, something effecting the majority of golfers at some point.
Play the Perfect series: Chip from the rough
James Ellis, creator of the Pocket Pro golf app, provides some tips to help play a chip shot when in the rough.
- Score Tracker
- Golf Handicap
Golfshake Grand Slam Competition
Forum > Any other business?
|Golfshake Grand Slam Competition|
Handicap : 6.8
Posted : Mon 17th Oct 2011 14:12
With the Grand Slam of Golf coming up this week, we have decided to run a competition in accordance with it.
Have a read of the article here and answer the question below in a post.
Handicap : 6.8
Reply : Mon 17th Oct 2011 14:14
Just to kick things off and obviously not included in the comp my answers would be:
1. My hole in one on a par-4 at Six Hills, 3-wood off the tee.
2. My irons. They were my dads. The original PING ZINGS, re-fitted for me.
3. Anything regarding Nottingham Forest (No jokes please)....
Handicap : 12.6
Reply : Mon 17th Oct 2011 14:57
1. Driving the green on a 326 yard (downhill!) par 4 to set up the first eagle of my career.
2. A Ping i3 Strong 3 wood, its at least 10 years old and still strikes the ball lovely
3. Any game at Anfield with the Mighty Reds at home.
Handicap : 5.4
Reply : Mon 17th Oct 2011 15:12
1. After hooking a drive behind a copse of trees I hooded a 6 iron and aimed at least 45* away from the green, and prayed. A low running hook followed, and the ball finished about 6" from the hole.
2. My centre shafted Odyseey putter. Its now due its third grip. If I had to chose between it and the wife... Mmm, tough one!
3. The sing song just before the start of Wales 'v' England rubgy match at the Millenium Stadium... sends a shiver down the spine.
Handicap : 9.8
Reply : Mon 17th Oct 2011 16:49
1. A 280 Yard drive with my new Taylormade R11 driver the first time i ever used it !! ( never seem to hit the same distance now )
2.Oldest club in my bag a wilson wedge my wife brought me ,( must tell her next time to get a better make)
3. Best sporting event taking my 2 kids up to Wembley to watch Southampton beat Carlise in the JPT final 4-1 2 years ago ( damm doesnt time fly )
Handicap : 20.6
Reply : Mon 17th Oct 2011 19:01
1. 3rd shot on the par 5 1st on the essex course at Heydon Grange. After putting my drive off the fairway to the left (longish rough) I took a wedge just to get it back on the fairway. Now being faced with about 150 ish yards, but over a large pond, My 7 iron worked it magic to come down with 8inches of the pin.
2. Oldest club is my Dunlop putter. It was £5 from Sports Direct and I wouldnt have it any other way.
3. Being a all round sports nut the Olympics for me is the one. No particular event as I could sit and watch them all.
Handicap : 19.5
Reply : Wed 19th Oct 2011 13:52
1. Driving through the green of a 320 yrd par 4 after 9 of the worst holes in my life but having a long hard word with myself and not walking off the course only to conjour that up!
2. The old faithful Daiwa putter that occasionally revisits the bag when all else fails - bought s for £10 in 1995 cos Steve Jones used one similar (remember him).
3. I'm with you Adam - anything related to Nottingham Forest...these are hard times!
Handicap : 11.8
Reply : Thu 20th Oct 2011 15:10
dont know if im too late to enter but here's mine:
1. Tough call. My only ever hole in one on the worst weather I've ever played golf in on a hole I never score on.
The other was on my annual golf day I drove straight out of bounds on my first tee shot, reloaded and the ball ended up behind a tree, i then attempted a draw for the first time with a 4 iron (normal shot a fade) which ended up an inch beside the pin for a tap in 5. Which kept me in the hunt and I claimed 3rd place.
I'll go with the golf day shot as it made me feel like a world class golfer for that short walk to the hole!
2. my Regal 5 wood which was given to me by uncle. one of my favourite clubs in my ag still.
3. any big champions league game that involves Chelsea and is against a top europeans side.
Handicap : 10.8
Reply : Sat 22nd Oct 2011 18:36
1 -- Putt that won me the handicap section of my clubs open last year
2 -- 4 year old 3 + 5 wood
3 -- Wimbledon
Handicap : 14.2
Reply : Sat 22nd Oct 2011 20:43
1. My 1st ever eagle putt. ( only ever had 3 eagle atempts). A 30 ft downhiller straight in the middle. This shot dont come up very often for me so is very memorable.
2. My Ray Cook 52 deg wedge witha slight bend in the shaft. Had it since 1996. It was in the set I purchased 2nd hand as my starter set.
3. Any game that involves Newcastle Utd on a good cup run.
Dave CAC handed Geordie.
Handicap : 9.8
Reply : Tue 1st Nov 2011 13:32
So did anybody win a prize here?
Handicap : 21.6
Reply : Tue 1st Nov 2011 15:07
We did, I'll make sure the competition is updated which it appears it isn't! nor the winners of the igolfapps promo.
Handicap : 12.8
Reply : Tue 1st Nov 2011 21:38
I didn't do mine Just for fun then
1. A punched drawn 4 iron from the left trees on the 6th of The Derby at The Belfry, early winter a couple of years ago. It was 150 yards out and I punched a beatuiful draw through the only gap I had that moved about 15 yards left towards the green and ran up to about two feet from the flag
2. My 3 and 5 woods. Only 2 years old but just been regripped and no intetion of changing them. My 4 year old mallet head putter sometimes goes in there on slow winter greens
3. Any West Midlands derby involving West Brom
Handicap : 7.1
Reply : Thu 3rd Nov 2011 21:46
Damn, I missed this too, but for fun:
1. 4 iron second into the hole at par 5 5th Taieri (actually was a bit skinny but in golf its results that count!)
2. I am a manufactures dream and change regularly but my putter has lasted a couple of years.
3. RWC (obviously!)
|Winter is approaching | Next Post: Spread the Golfshake LovePrevious Post:|
|Post reply :|