Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Ping G15 or the new G20?? Who prefers which??

Posted by: user292202 | Thu 8th Sep 2011 16:17 | Last Reply

Going to get myself a new driver over the winter. I currently have a G10 , well did until i gave my Dad a shot of it and now he's claimed it. So something new for me I feel. Being a Ping man at heart I will probably stick with one of the G15 or G20 models.Does anyone feel there's much difference between the two?? I know it will boil down to how I perform with either club but just like to hear other people's views on either of them

re: Ping G15 or the new G20?? Who prefers which??
user389585
Reply : Thu 8th Sep 2011 17:04

i been on ping demo day in edinburgh and nothing difrent for me betwen g15 and g20(driver)

but price is preaty much thesame so go for new series

user410273
Reply : Thu 8th Sep 2011 17:09

Planned obsolecence!

Manufacturers bring something new out each year, and then tell you its better than last year's model coz.... If it only all the hype was true  we'd all be hitting it a thousand yards and splitting the flag.

Buy last year's model at half the price, it will serve you just as well.

I bought a G10, broke it then bought a G15. I can't tell the difference. Its just brilliant. Anyway, the G20. slightly longer front to back with a bit more weight in the heel to make it easier to get the ball up, allegedly. Oh, and it costs a lot more. I haven't seen the Ping boys on tour shooting any different with this years model than they did with last years.

user38216
Reply : Thu 8th Sep 2011 21:23

Agreed Brian, I bought a brand new callaway ft9 for 90 quid (not a taiwanese special) and it works like a charm when I strike it well.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top