Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

"How to Feel A Real Golf Swing" Book

Posted by: user339677 | Fri 24th Sep 2010 01:47 | Last Reply

Hi All,

Fairly new to GS and very impressed so far.

Have been playing now for a couple of years but more so during the summer just gone and it's fair to say I have caught the golf bug. Managed to reduce my initial default 28 handicap down to 23 and if I continue to play regularly, I'm convinced it will continue to fall.

My question is around the many books available to master the swing as I enjoy reading and absorbing information this way. Whilst I am genuinely fascinated by the scientific and technical side of the swing motion, I'm also conscious that having too many thoughts and technical information in your brain whilst on the course is not going to do me any favours. After looking through many potential books, I came across this one which, whilst quite dated, seemed to appeal to the way I'd like to approach the learning but wondered if anyone has read this or could recommend anything similar?

I attach the amazon link below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Feel-Real-Golf-Swing/dp/0812930282/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285289097&a
mp;sr=1-1

Thanks in advance

Paul 

re: "How to Feel A Real Golf Swing" Book
user69191
Reply : Sat 25th Sep 2010 14:43

I've read it, its ok, a little dated but those generally are the best books Paul. If its a 'golf swing instruction' book you're after then you can do a lot worse than Ernie Els's 'How To Build A Classic Golf Swing' or Faldo's 'A Swing For Life'. Both are written very basically and you can get them for a penny on Amazon. The 'How To Feel...' book is very much about what you should 'feel' and awareness of what the clubhead is doing throught the swing but has some good drills to practice to achieve this. If its a 'mental golf instruction' book you're after then Fred Shoemaker's 'Extraordinary Golf' and Bob Rotella's 'Golf Is Not A Game Of Perfect' are second to none.

Paul

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top