Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Sam Hindmarsh Memorial

Posted by: user69191 | Sun 5th Sep 2010 13:33 | Last Reply

I'd just like to thank everyone who played in the Sam Hindmarsh Memorial Trophy yesterday at West Midlands Golf Club. When we included the contributions from the game this has helped us raise over £3300 for the Newborns In Need charity for Birmingham Heartlands Hospital. Special thanks to all the Golfshakers that played who made my job easier by paying on time and turning up on time. Thanks too to Chris Perry who filled in for a cancellation literally at the last minute, although I bet he wished he stayed at home!

For those interested the results were:

1st Paul Robinson 44pts

2nd Brian Mohan 35pts

3rd Paul Hindmarsh 33pts

4th Henry Kinchin 32 pts

5th Andy Turner 32pts

Andy Turner also won the nearest the pin on the 18th, putting his tee shot 4 feet from the flag.

In 34th place was Sid Gerrard who amassed a total of 10pts and won the wooden spoon prize of a copy of the book "Golf For Dummies".

re: Sam Hindmarsh Memorial
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 5th Sep 2010 17:30

Well done to everyone who played.  In the last group, we JUST made it round and I bet the group behind us on the 18th were struggling to see the green.  As for my game, i'm going to blame fatigue for my poor showing, but at least I (just) made it into the 20's. 

Well organised Paul and for a great cause too.  I'm really pleased to see such a great total raised. 

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 6th Sep 2010 11:46

Well done Paul looked like a great day and great success.

user69191
Reply : Mon 6th Sep 2010 20:39

I was taken aback by the support to be honest and all of the post game comments have been very positive. Next year we'll be teeing off earlier though.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top