Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Feedback/tester -Anyone record all stats ie Fairways, Putts etc

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 28th Oct 2009 08:41 | Last Reply

Hi, anyone out there who records all their stats including fairways, greens and putts ? or even anyone who wants to go a step further with things like distance off the tee etc

Looking for a guinea pig to test out a new concept and provide some feedback.

Let me know.

Regards, Darren.

re: Feedback/tester -Anyone record all stats ie Fairways, Putts etc
user237662
Reply : Wed 28th Oct 2009 10:02

More than happy to assist with testing - had some comments previously on how the whole advanced stats piece worked so happy to provide more - I only play once a week though...

Comment on cookies and being kept logged in/remembered on a puter... Never seemed to work, then worked for a while when I went Win 7 / IE8, now it's stopped again...

Henry

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 28th Oct 2009 10:13

I'm the same Darren, all my stats for the last two and a half years.

Russ

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 28th Oct 2009 10:27

Henry, email me at darren   @   golfshake.com with thoughts on advanced stats etc and I will get back to you.

Also, can you check what security settings you have on IE8 ?  will be down to cookies being cleared when you reload the browser I would think.

user231221
Reply : Wed 28th Oct 2009 20:06

Hi Darren i'm more than willing to help if you still need it. Just let me know

user205550
Reply : Thu 29th Oct 2009 12:50

Darren, i'm willing to help, i already put my putts and FIR in already

user53837
Reply : Fri 30th Oct 2009 11:47

Thanks guys.  Had some great feedback so far.

Will send out info to those offering to help later today.

user94811
Reply : Mon 2nd Nov 2009 17:26

darren, am I too late to be included in this stat tracking? I am actually doing it myself on a spreadsheet I made up at home.I have done this in previus years and I find it invaluable in pinpointing  exactly which areas of my game I need to practice.

One other point, I have just entered my first round on to the scoretracker and it has given me ( maybe it defaults to this )  a handicap of 28. This gave me a net 54 with 54 stableford points--in my dreams maybe.

My real handicap is 13 but in winter we use 3/4 handicap,making me 10.

How can I adjust it on scoretracker-or do I need to wait until I have posted 3 scores

user459944
Reply : Mon 11th Jun 2012 22:48

Darren, saw this old thread and couldnt help but drag it up again, with my stats i tend to go in deep, almost to deep sometimes and probably over think the game, starting from tee off, hitting left/right/straight, distance, shots to green hitting left/right/centre distance left to hole, putting left /right/centre, is this something that can be added to the stats updates?? i am currently working something out on excel to record this but not being computer literate its not working out right !!(lol) any suggestions?? thx Tim

user321680
Reply : Wed 1st Aug 2012 10:27

Some suggestions: Proximity to pin might be a good and Length of putt holed

Could derive a lot of useful stats from these two i.e. average length of putt, % success from certain distances, how close your approaches get when GIR hit, how close your approaches get when GIR not hit etc

streak stats could be good too - pars in a row, birdies in a row, no. of holes without dropping a shot, score after double bogey or worse (bounce-back-ability)

Last edit : Wed 1st Aug 2012 10:27
user321680
Reply : Wed 1st Aug 2012 14:12

Dan its not really about the benefits. I just find it interesting more than anything and it can be good for pinpointing where the weaknesses in your game lie. Although most can probably guess where these weaknesses lie before looking at a single stat. I'm an accountant by trade too so it might be just unhealthy fascination with numbers lol

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 25th Jan 2013 13:12

Full agree it's 'each to their own' and some enjoy tracking and others don't.

For those that do or are interested check out this feature focused on the whole strengths and weaknesses aspect which helps to show how your game stacks up. I for one know that I've got to get work on my approach shots and getting to the green!

http://www.golfshake.com/improve/view/5090/Know_Your_Game_Track_to_Improve.html

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top