Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Hole in one's.

Posted by: user86435 | Tue 7th Jul 2009 17:47 | Last Reply

Any lucky so and so had a hole in one. I've never even been close. I think i've only ever even had a few budgies.

re: Hole in one's.
user79118
Reply : Tue 7th Jul 2009 18:05

Yeah mate. June 4th 2009, 11th hole Los Lagos, Mijas, Spain. Didn't see it go in though. Hit the ball, thought to myself 'that will do for me, on the green, close enough to guarantee par'. I bent down to pick my tee up and heard the roar from the group in front. Darn thing actually dropped in. Buzzing for the remainder of the golf weekend. Been to within a foot a few times but never expected it to ever go in.

user79118
Reply : Tue 7th Jul 2009 18:47

We were playing a Texas scramble at the time. 1 shot behind before the hole. As I retrieved the ball using two fingers and not removing the flagstick (always wanted to do that) I calmly said "I believe we are 1 shot up now" and then danced off singing "1 shot, we only need 1 shot, we only need 1 shot" and then creamed my next tee shot.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 7th Jul 2009 19:27

The closest I've ever been is one inch from the hole!  One more roll of the ball and it would have gone in the hole.

Russ

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 7th Jul 2009 20:59

I've had 3 in nearly 40yrs of playing.

Two of the three are very special. One was on a Par 4 and the other is a real "one to tell the grand children", it was achieved in 1979 The Open Championship. 

TheLyth

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 7th Jul 2009 23:02

Poetic licence, it was the Regional Qualifying at Lanark GC, but it was still in The Open Championship.

user41192
Reply : Tue 7th Jul 2009 23:21

Never had one myself but was in a society game and my mate hit an absolute dire shot on this par 3. Topped it, loads of feedback and all that. Where did that ball land? in the hole. Was well chuffed for him. I ended up doing a collection for him and had the date, course and hole in 1 embroidered on a Ping top + a trophy for him just so he didn't forget!

user77012
Reply : Wed 8th Jul 2009 00:12

I have had two.numerous near misses and one quite recently that landed in the cup and bounced back out,witnessed by the group on the next tee.

The scrorniest I ever saw was a lad on my stag do to Dublin playing off 28 rarely plays slap a 5 iron 150yrds straight in the hole for 5 points ,total points for the round youv'e guessed it 5 points !!

user24437
Reply : Wed 8th Jul 2009 00:25

Closest I've been is about a foot (twice), once bombing David Marshall as he walked off the green in the Algarve and the other at St Pierre.  My brother once holed out from the tee at Gosfield Lake, straight in, no messing.  Shame his first off the tee went out of bounds so he only got a par....

I nearly wet myself laughing

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 8th Jul 2009 08:24

Hit the flag twice but that's as close as I've come. 

Best one was when I was playing with the brother-in-law and his best mate last year.  His mate teed off and hit the flag, then I teed up and hit the flag.  No pressure on the brother-in-law then who promptly thinned it and cleared the green without bouncing!  He got his revenge when after hitting a great chip to two feet and sinking the par me and his mate both missed our birdie putts!

user112349
Reply : Wed 8th Jul 2009 23:11

Similar to most of you, where I've been one 'roll' away.

I did hole my 2nd shot from 140 yards at The Oxfordshire on my company golf day, my playing partner went to get the ball out of the hole for me, Chief Accountant or not I told him to get away from the hole or else..........

Return to the scene of the triumph on Friday (100% certain to get at least an 8 this time round!!!!) 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top