Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

broken clubs

Posted by: user93749 | Wed 6th May 2009 13:26 | Last Reply

I broke my first ever club hitting a four iron at a windy par 3 this weekend. Something felt wrong as soon as the ball and club met and my fears were confirmed when the head of the club flew down the fairway. Fortunately the ball was 4ft from the pin.

My question is this who on golfshake has broken the most clubs? (Accidently not snapping them over their legs)

re: broken clubs
user77012
Reply : Wed 6th May 2009 13:42

Smashed a couple of driver faces but have never snapped a shaft or have a head come off. Nice shot though Lee.................

user24437
Reply : Wed 6th May 2009 15:17

Once, in my youth, tried to hit my old 5 wood (proper steel shaft and wooden head)out of the rough.  Hit the ball a treat but caught the shaft about halfway up on a low branch.  The club head carried on and did a beautiful 270deg wrap around the branch, it was so tight I had to snap it to get it off...

user38216
Reply : Wed 6th May 2009 18:54

A good friend of mine snapped his brand new 4 iron when he threw it at his golf bag! Only thing he hit with it all day!!

user99350
Reply : Wed 6th May 2009 19:05

Never smashed one but there's a driver of mine up in a tree in Barnsley.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 6th May 2009 19:27

I've several old wooden Drivers give out on me.

Once played at Lindrick after I had let the young Assistant at Roundhay put new shafts in my Irons. Hit 8iron at the last because that was the only head still attached. He had fitted "Parallel" shafts into "Tapered" heads. 

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 6th May 2009 19:39

I can say that I've never had a club break on me yet, bent a shaft once, only took me five years to work out why I didn't like hitting my five iron!

Cleaning the clubs one night and I just happened to look down the shaft and I could see the bend in it straight away!!!

I was on a driving range once when the brother-in-law got his new three wood out, hit five balls and on the next one the club head went further than the ball!

Russ

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 6th May 2009 19:56

Russ,

I was once asked, "Do you get the same 5mins to look for Clubs?"

user26342
Reply : Wed 6th May 2009 20:26

I've broken a 3 wood. I wa under some trees & checked my swing behind me but didn't check my follow through. I heard a crack when I git the ball & the sad thing was that the clubhead went further than the ball!!!

user204647
Reply : Wed 6th May 2009 22:40

Split a new Callaway tour ix ball in two a few weeks ago with a driver, might send it back.

I would love to hear what they had to say.

user99350
Reply : Wed 6th May 2009 22:52

No doubt they'll invent some Callaway glue to sell us.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 7th May 2009 09:44

You're just a thug Miller.  Never broke a club (touch wood) but after never damaging a ball in three years I then broke three in two rounds earlier this year.  Weren't cheap ones either, they were Pro V1x. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top