Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What Round Ticked All The Boxes For You?

Posted by: user80078 | Fri 9th Oct 2015 16:00 | Last Reply

When you look back on your golfing life, is there one round that stands out for you? Maybe it was it's competition significance, it's near perfection, or just where you played and how much you enjoyed it. I can't say yet as there are several in the running and I have to narrow it down. I look forward to your experiences gents.

Last edit : Fri 9th Oct 2015 16:00
re: What Round Ticked All The Boxes For You?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 10th Oct 2015 22:23

I have that one special round.

Handicap was 15 and I played the Priors course at Stapleford Abbotts GC. Par 70, nice open parkland course.

I was three under par for the front nine, 32 shot (par of 35).

Really playing well, hitting the greens and sinking the putts.

First time I had ever been under par for nine holes. Didn't think it would last for the rest of the round but I was enjoying it.

Finished with a 69, one under par for the course.

Never been near it since!

Russ

Last edit : Sat 10th Oct 2015 22:23
user80078
Reply : Mon 12th Oct 2015 15:55

Thanks for the reply Russ. Mine would have to be my round on the Old Course at St Andrews. I had in previous weeks won my club championship so felt my game was OK. It was sheer joy all the way round. Not for the quality of my golf, but for the sense of occasion, history and 3 lovely Americans I played with. My wife caddied for me and the others had local very knowledgeable caddies. We had a great time in the bar afterwards so all in all the perfect round of golf on the perfect track.

Last edit : Mon 12th Oct 2015 15:55
user659564
Reply : Tue 13th Oct 2015 10:21

Cherwell Edge earlier this year. Was an odd day. I hit some great shots (like the crazy long Tee off the first) some of which ended up somewhere bad (like the bunker on the first - not the hole in one I wanted and a poor prize for hitting a 250 yd drive) but the recoveries were great (like hitting out of that bunker and landing half a yard from the pin to take a birdie).

End result 82 - my best score ever. I was going to go into clubhouse and announce me success but that was the day one of the shop staff broke the course record and scored 62. So I didn't bother with my bit of news

Last edit : Tue 13th Oct 2015 10:21
user90608
Reply : Thu 3rd Dec 2015 21:33

For me it's been about progression.At 45 i'd never picked up a club,at 51 i hadn't broke a hundred and could never see it happening but these days my usual is around 85,i had a hole in one about 4 years ago but that's just lucky.My object this year was to score below 80 and i did it once but not since,however only yesterday i did something i didn't think i could which was to par the first 5 holes of my local course ( Stowmarket Suffolk ) which to me is far better than a hole in one !

Last edit : Thu 3rd Dec 2015 21:33

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top