Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Custom fit clubs

Posted by: user632363 | Thu 7th May 2015 21:35 | Last Reply

Hi , I started playing golf about two years ago , I was playing every now and then but I am trying to play at least once a week now some weeks twice. I have been playing different courses around where I ilve and I have noticed a slight improvement in my game. I was averaging 120 shits now I average around the 100 mark. I feel my game is getting better and I am enjoying it more now. A friend recommended that I get custom fitted clubs and that it will help my game massively, I was hoping someone could give me some advice on we're to go and how much I am looking on a full set , I live in Liverpool , hopefully someone can give me some advice Thanks

Last edit : Thu 7th May 2015 21:35
re: Custom fit clubs
user505763
Reply : Fri 8th May 2015 13:48

Hi Joe, Foregolf Discount in Chester is a great place for fitting. Pete

Last edit : Fri 8th May 2015 13:48
re: Custom fit clubs
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 9th May 2015 20:40

If you are thinking of buying yourself some new clubs, then I would thoroughly recommend getting them fitted. Most places will do free custom fitting and it is worth it.

When I bought my first proper set of clubs I had them custom fitted. My swing meant that the toe of my club was hitting the floor first. This means the ball will go right as it will open my clubface just before impact.

I also needed to have the shaft a quarter of an inch longer than standard. This surprised me as I'm not a tall person. But each manufacturer has a different standard, so they will know what to do once you have picked the clubs you like.

As for where to buy them from, all I can say is try as many clubs as you can. Don't just go to one shop and pick from what they have. Do the tour of American Golf, Direct Golf, etc.

I would also suggest trying the clubs on a driving range, rather than in a booth. If the only thing they have is a booth then so be it. At least on a driving range you will be able to see how the ball flies once you hit it!

Set yourself a realist price and if you cannot afford to go over that then don't!

Once you have your maximum price then you know where you can start looking.

Russ

Last edit : Sat 9th May 2015 20:40

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top