Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

NR'd but no handicap change!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Sun 3rd May 2015 12:45 | Last Reply

I played in a medal and put had to put a NR in as I had a couple of bad holes and didn't want to hold the group up behind us.

Wasn't playing that well so I knew my score wasn't going to win the medal.

My playing partner continued to put my scores down for each hole that I did score on. It was nothing spectacular!

When the result went up at my golf club I noticed that I hadn't been given a 0.1 increase in my handicap!

Not sure why but I will need to speak to the handicap secretary and find out why.

Going onto the CONGU website now to see if I can find out any information on this matter.

Russ

Last edit : Sun 3rd May 2015 12:45
re: NR'd but no handicap change!
user246701
Reply : Sun 3rd May 2015 17:14

Was the comp declared Reductions Only due to CSS being greater than 3? Was the rest of your round good enough for you have hit buffer based on stableford scoring? Was the comp declared non-qualifier due to some reason, shorter course etc?

Can't think of any other reason.

Last edit : Sun 3rd May 2015 17:14
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 3rd May 2015 19:04

None of the above apply to this competition!

Had a look on the CONGU website and couldn't find any reason.

I was certain my handicap was 13.4 (13) before I played the medal, therefore I should have had a 0.1 increase. This would have made me a 13.5 (14) handicap.

On Monday I played another competition and again I should have had a 0.1 increase.

I received the increase after this competition.

Hopefully, I will see the handicap secretary tomorrow and maybe he can explain it to me.

Russ

Last edit : Sun 3rd May 2015 19:04
Reply : Sat 9th May 2015 20:42

Looked into this and it appears that I was incorrect.

I thought I was on 13.4 before the medal, but it appears I was on 13.3!

Getting old so my eyes and my brain aren't working as they should be.....

Russ

Last edit : Sat 9th May 2015 20:42
user628400
Reply : Sat 9th May 2015 21:59

I still Believe that if you return an incomplete card you should not get 0.1 back as you have not officially completed your Round especially in Medal as all shots count

Last edit : Sat 9th May 2015 21:59
Reply : Sun 10th May 2015 23:00

Alan, you will need to take that up with CONGU. As long as I've been a member of a golf club you go up 0.1 if you put in a NR.

Knowing that I had no chance to win the competition, and so as not to hold up the group behind us I would just put in a NR, instead of returning to the tee to play another ball.

Russ

Last edit : Sun 10th May 2015 23:00
user356537
Reply : Mon 11th May 2015 06:40

Russ, under CONGU rules handicaps are effectively calculated on a stableford basis meaning that you can not be worse than two over (nett) for any hole. Even if you a NR on a hole it will still only count as 2 over for handicap purposes (not for the competition). You can even get cut with a NR although it is perhaps unlikely!

Last edit : Mon 11th May 2015 06:40

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top