Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What are your priorities when you book a golf Trip?

Posted by: user616394 | Thu 23rd Apr 2015 10:25 | Last Reply

I'm new to Golfshake and have my own golf trip company (www.customgolftrip.co.uk). I'm looking for some feedback on what priorities you all look for when booking a golf trip. I would be really grateful if you could rank the following 5 factors in order of importance (1 being the most important). 1. Fantastic Customer Service. 2. Quality of Golf Course. 3. Value for money. 4. Quality of Hotel. 5. Location. Please feel free to add any other important considerations that you factor in when booking your golf trips. Thanks for taking time to help me with this, it is very much appreciated.

Last edit : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 10:25
re: What are your priorities when you book a golf Trip?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 18:02

I would go with

1 Quality of course(s). Most people will stand a lot of messing around if the golf course(s) are fantastic.

2 Value for money. Pointless going if you cannot afford it!

3 Quality of hotel. A nice hotel is always a good factor in a trip. But, already said, I could put up with a poor hotel if the course(s) are fantastic.

4 Location. Nice location is a bonus.

5 Fantastic customer service. If the course(s) are fantastic, value for money trip, good hotel and a good location. I will put up with poor customer service. But, get any of the 1 to 4 wrong and I will go elsewhere for my next trip!

Customer service is one thing you can control.

Course(s), value for money, hotel and location are things that you don't really have any control over.

One thing I can never understand about golf clubs. They will cut back the spending on the golf course itself, but it's the course I come to play. I'm not bothered about having a great clubhouse, etc. Foremost in my mind is the course. I'd be happy to pay a bit more for a great course.

Hope this helps.

Russ

Last edit : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 18:02
user616394
Reply : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 18:25

Thanks for your insight Russ, much appreciated.

Last edit : Thu 23rd Apr 2015 18:25
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 24th Apr 2015 12:05

Colin,

Putting a trip together which will be agreeable to each of a party is almost impossible, so getting it as near right in the beginning comes down to Customer Service and if you listen to what is wanted and can come up with the best possible offer you have done all you can. The rest falls into one category. It then comes down to what type of trip I am wanting, a Golf break or a Social break with Golf as part of it.

Last edit : Fri 24th Apr 2015 12:05
user616394
Reply : Thu 7th May 2015 15:56

Thanks for your response David. I pride myself on my customer service and I agree that it is extremely difficult to keep everybody happy, but we can but try.

Last edit : Thu 7th May 2015 15:56

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top