Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

New golfer, HELP

Posted by: user621011 | Sat 17th Jan 2015 18:39 | Last Reply

Hi, just started playing golf last November as I was looking for a new sport to get into, so far I have had about 7 lessons and I was really pleased with my progress until today. I've got to the stage of being able to consistently hit straight balls 95% of the time and was really enjoying playing. Today me and my mate Played our local pay and play course and I could barely hit a ball straight at all. The conditions may have had some bearing on it as the Tees were frozen solid and could hardly push a tee in, the fairways were solid as we're the greens, it was like putting on laminate flooring lol. Does frozen conditions affect playing for anyone else??

Last edit : Sat 17th Jan 2015 18:39
re: New golfer, HELP
user43763
Reply : Tue 20th Jan 2015 13:14

If the greens are temps then yes! otherwise I don't really have too much issues, cant speak for everyone but I dont play too much worse. wearing a lot more layers then usual can affect it, clothing restricts movement, maybe tempo and rhythm, but in general I find higher handicappers play better in the winter months, fairways dont run as much so the ball doesn't roll out of it, ball doesn't go as far, again easier to find, the trees are bare (jury still out on that one for me) and the putting is hit and hope. The biggest one is that the greens are more receptive, ball sticks to hit as long as it hits it, then come summer they are stunned they cant hold a green. make sure you warm up properly and lower expectations when the weather is bad. Lessons are the way forward, they are so underrated, nice to see you progressing. Well done and keep hacking!

Last edit : Tue 20th Jan 2015 13:14

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top