Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

West Midlands - Places to Play

Posted by: user470042 | Sat 17th Jan 2015 10:41 | Last Reply

Hi,

I am after some help in trying to find some courses to play, we've been playing for a year and half now as a society. I'm just trying to make it that we play some new, and if possible, some of the best courses around. The challenge we always have is that we can't play during the week so rely on clubs allowing visitors at weekends, at a reasonable price. Can anyone recommend any venues within an hours drive of Tamworth? We have 12 players, looking to play no more than £35.00 per round, that hopefully includes food of some description. Thank you

Last edit : Sat 17th Jan 2015 10:41
re: West Midlands - Places to Play
user249902
Reply : Sun 18th Jan 2015 20:13

weekends can be a problem if your set on tee times. if you can play any time you'll open up a lot more courses. west midlands accept societies at weekends and i;d imagine you could get golf and food qithin your budget. Kilworth Springs should also fit in budget.

I play at a 9 hole course and I could get you on for 18 holes with food after for about £20 that's after 1130 on a Sunday. I'm in Coventry, message me if you need more details

Last edit : Sun 18th Jan 2015 20:13
user24437
Reply : Mon 19th Jan 2015 16:52

Possibly just within an hour from Tamworth you could do a lot worse than Ramsdale in Notts - good for society's and you can definitely do weekends. Usually open to do a deal too, if you're feeling adventurous you can do the 12 hole par 3 in the morning and the main course 18 in the afternoon. Good courses too, interesting mix of holes and usually in pretty good nick.

Bit further south is Morley Hayes which is a bit of a marmite course - some love it and some hate it. Plays long, and apart from not appearing on sat navs, is pretty easy to get to. Should be within your budget though.

I know Mickleover used to do society deals for weekend late tee offs in summer, but not sure if they do anymore - good course if you can get on.

Last edit : Mon 19th Jan 2015 16:52
user534659
Reply : Thu 22nd Jan 2015 10:39

I am a member at Kidderminster Golf Club which is about an hour away and its a superb course, great food in the clubhouse and even a snooker table if you fancy a game!! At present the are doing a deal: after 12:00 play as many holes as u like, lunch from a special menu all for just £25 mon-fri. Not sure what they could offer on a weekend but give them a ring 01562 740090.Tell them Mel Davies recommended you to them, may do u a deal???

Last edit : Thu 22nd Jan 2015 10:39

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top