Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Why Golfshake doesn't quite do what I want ...

Posted by: user553910 | Thu 26th Sep 2013 13:13 | Last Reply

Thanks very much for this site. With a few tweaks it could be a lot more useful than it currently is (for me at least).

I joined in order to find playing partners. I posted a message in the appropriate forum and got no responses - nothing you can do about that of course.

The 'find golfers' facility is not very useful. "Greater London" is much too big an area and results include people whose profiles are not available or who have never submitted a round. The postcode field is not editable. The 'playing same courses' does not work at all - I can't set which course to choose and the list is always blank.

Likewise the society search turns up societies with one member or who have had no activity since 2007.

You've got a great resource (a database full of golfers and a means to tell whether they are active, where and when they play, how good they are) but it's not being exploited properly. ~£10 per month for a properly searchable database of golfers would be worth every penny.

re: Why Golfshake doesn't quite do what I want ...
user553910
Reply : Thu 26th Sep 2013 13:52

Also, hiting 'reload' to see if anyone had replied posted the message a second time. I deleted the duplicate but it hasn't gone.

Edit: it's gone now.

Last edit : Thu 26th Sep 2013 13:53
re: Why Golfshake doesn't quite do what I want ...
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 30th Sep 2013 09:57

Hi Steve, this is a part of the site I will be working on over the coming weeks.

It did used to be a big part of the site and what the forums and Golfshake events/North vs South started from. Unfortunately as we grew you end up with a system where you may have 100,000+ golfers registered but lots are inactive or use the site infrequently.

One of the recent updates on the golfer search now ensures you only get back golfers that have used the site in the last 3 months.

I'll do some site updates plus also sort the society search.

Finally, it would be great if we could charge £10pm but I think we would need some additional functionality to make that compelling

Regards, Darren.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top