Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

how do you like to play?

Posted by: user526967 | Wed 25th Sep 2013 07:56 | Last Reply

Hi all, just like to get some other opinion's on how you like to play the game. I fall into two modes, competion or practice.
Competition. I love to play as much competitive golf as possible. Great chance to be tested under pressure and to be drawn with and play with new people. Not bothered about the format but prefer it to lead to a handicap qualifying score.
Practice. When playing practice rounds/casual golf I prefer to play alone. I like less distractions, not having to worry about replaying a shot and slowing someone else etc. My home course caters quite well for this having both a 9 hole and 18 hole course. No tee times just roll up and play. Practice rounds I usually take on the 9 as it is a little more open and a quicker and gentler walk. Also easy to get to the car park if the weather turns. If it is quiet then I will go and play on the 18 but re route it slighlty for a short 8/9 holes. Like to hear your opinions and slant on it? We also have a driving range but I prefer to practice on the course.

re: how do you like to play?
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 27th Sep 2013 12:00

I often go out on my own as it's a good way of winning I find!

Due to work I find that sometimes I cannot arrange a game with a playing partner midweek. So I get up and play a round. As long as the course isn't busy then it's a pretty relaxing way to play.

Russ

re: how do you like to play?
user2879
Reply : Mon 30th Sep 2013 13:18

I try to play in most competitions and have also started playing club matches. This helps you play the courses off the white tees which I also do when I do supplementary scores for my handicap. All in all, I get a buzz from trying to win a competition that I don't get when just having fun. Most of my none competitive games become nine hole ones. For some reason, I haven't played even nine holes on my own for the last three years. Practise consists of trying to work on my short game and trying various chips and pitches.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top