Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

North v South - Who will win?

Posted by: user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 9th Sep 2013 12:37 | Last Reply

It's just two weeks until the winners of this year's North v South claim the trophy and begin 12 months of boasting, bragging, teasing and filing their Twitter feeds with abuse towards the losers. But who will take the accolade?

I belive this is one of the closest and most competitive contests for a long time. I think the south have a very strong team and the new track, coupled with the addition of foursomes and singles this year, may tip the balance slightly in their favour. However, if the North get the pairings right it could he enough to swing it their way

I think the pressure is on the captains this year to get the group selections right. It's a tight call, and I hate to say it, but I do think unless the North captain gets it bang on the title is heading South this year

What are everyone else's thoughts?

re: North v South - Who will win?
user250721
Reply : Mon 9th Sep 2013 12:51

This is why Tim has appointed a top quality vice captain to help him with the southern selection. ;-)

user504404
Reply : Mon 9th Sep 2013 16:31

Well I am just going to enjoy the 2 days, nice to get a break to play golf some distance from where I live. Have never played at the course before so going to be a challenge in its own right, but whether I play good, bad or awful I will enjoy the event!

user21179
Reply : Mon 9th Sep 2013 17:11

Chris " I think the pressure is on the captains to get the groups right " that's why we get paid the telephone numbers that we do ! As a senior player for the North I assume you have sorted out your appearance fee with Darren ? In all seriousness, the South do have a higher number of lower handicappers but that hasn't meant much in the past. As you say, the 3 formats definately make pairings more important than ever before but in my opinion it is still more about personal performances over the 2 days. At our level (mine anyway) the variation between good and bad days is much bigger than at a higher level and playing well cannot be assured, so that will be the deciding factor imo. That's not to say that I won't take the credit for pairings when we do win obviously ! As always I am looking forward to the event immensely, and working out the pairings over the coming days will only intensify that I'm sure. Here's hoping for good weather and a competitive event. Good luck to all those from the North but just a little bit more to those from the South !

user77012
Reply : Fri 13th Sep 2013 17:10

I had a dream about about the NvS last night and I'm sure the South won, My reasoning I can remember listening to the Captains speech and understanding every word ! Com on the Sowff!!

user289859
Reply : Fri 13th Sep 2013 20:06

It's going to be my first NvS and I am looking forward to it immensely. Playing golf, and ultimately, being paid to do so = amazing. I do have my frailties at the minute, but I will see what I can do. I can't remember what sessions are what, as long as I keep hitting the ball in a straight line, I will be OK.

I'm not quite going to "do a Poulter" and guarantee a point for the South, however, I will try my best! I have a score to settle with Hellidon Lakes, and hopefully I will tear it apart!!

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 15th Sep 2013 12:58

I'm really looking forward to the North v South.

I didn't really understand the original question as I always thought it was a tradition that the North won!

Russ

user356537
Reply : Sun 15th Sep 2013 13:01

I'm just glad that it's not being played today/tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be better next weekend!

Oh, and of course, the South will be victorious!

user250721
Reply : Sun 15th Sep 2013 13:32

Good to have you on board this year Russ, heading down to your place on Friday for a 27 hole warm up. Hows the rough?

user26342
Reply : Sun 15th Sep 2013 20:31

Not quite sure which team will win (north hopefully) but I'm pretty sure that the atmosphere, players & evening entertainment will win hands down.

user77012
Reply : Sun 15th Sep 2013 21:57

Agree with you JF , there's a first looking forward to seeing some new faces , and already missing some absent ones. Simmons where are You!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top