Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Favour - testing of new review system

Posted by: user53837 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Tue 3rd Sep 2013 17:34 | Last Reply

We are currently testing a new review system to allow us to capture recommendations.

If anyone's got 2 minutes you should be able to quickly rate recent courses you have played from the following link

Login > My Golfshake (home page) > Review My Courses (left hand navigation)

http://www.golfshake.com/course/courseQReview.php

Thanks for your time!

Regards, Darren and the Golfshake team.

re: Favour - testing of new review system
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Sep 2013 18:25

Thanks to those who have tested already!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Sep 2013 23:15

Feedback on the new set up. I like it, nice and simple. I would add a 'Maybe' option though, as in 'Yes, Maybe, No' for would you recommend or play again. Also an option for a short comment if user wants to (140 characters seems strangely popular!)

For example, one I rated I would recommend for beginners but not for the better golfer. That would have a 'Maybe' for the "would you recommend?" with that comment against it

user24437
Reply : Tue 3rd Sep 2013 23:30

Sort of agree with you on that Chris, seems a bit odd that I've reviewed courses that I would play again but didn't particularly enjoy for whatever reason. Maybe a handicap rating too as Chris suggests? Like the new layout though.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 3rd Sep 2013 23:34

Thanks. That's not the final version but just a way to seed the system to test for the 2 new options.

When you next add a round for a new course you will see the review system is using the full info.

user26342
Reply : Wed 4th Sep 2013 07:00

Maybe a price bracket for greens fees as well. I rated some as good but I wouldn't go back because of the green fees!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 4th Sep 2013 21:09

Thanks amazing response! really helped seed the system. 1600+ quick ratings over last 24 hours.

John, you are right and the full review system will go back live shortly which does include the option for VFM.

user320021
Reply : Fri 6th Sep 2013 09:48

Darren, I tend to review the courses after the first time that i play them, so most have been reviewed, I would have hoped that the menu you have directed us to only shows courses which we haven't already reviewed. Also as I commented about before, alot of the reviews, just say "Good track" or similar, I don't find this of much use and would not base a playing decision on them. Is there a way for people to say whether a review is helpful and put those rated as most helpful at the top?

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 6th Sep 2013 10:00

Yes this was just to seed the system with the new parts. The system will shortly revert back to only those courses you've recently played and haven't already reviewed.

Yes I agree about the short reviews and it is something I am trying to address and encourage more meaningful reviews.

Finally, the system is already in place to mark a review as helpful or unhelpful when you read them

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top