Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

First 4 putt of the year!

Posted by: user80078 | Fri 26th Jul 2013 15:06 | Last Reply

Played at Ullesthorpe Court the day before yesterday and went round in 95 (with 6 three putts and 1 four putt). Reached the green in 3 shots on the 499 par 5 fourteenth. Found myself with the same uphill 20 footer (for birdie) that I drained last time out there. Hit it too hard and ended 5 foot above the hole. Played down the slope to 4 foot below. I had gone by this time and missed coming back (left it short) i.e. 4 putts. Got back on my home course yesterday and hit 2 putts on every green. I know it's always difficult to putt on an unfamiliar course but 4 putts. Reallly!!!! Does this happen to anyone else when visiting other clubs?

re: First 4 putt of the year!
user40826
Reply : Fri 26th Jul 2013 19:45

Yep, I three putted from 15 feet twice today. Visited another course with a few friends. Would have been a gross 77 and the win, but the three putts cost me.

Arghhhhh.

user504404
Reply : Sun 28th Jul 2013 17:30

Michael

I know the feeling, played Gatton Manor on weds shot 87 (6 over my handicap), due to the fact I had multiple 3 putts and a 4 putt on the 18th after hitting it in reg. My total putts for the round was 41!!!!

As my coach has agreed some work is required on my short game! lol

user80078
Reply : Sun 28th Jul 2013 20:55

That's a coincidence Nigel. Checked my card again found that my six three putts and one four putt combined to give me a total of 41 for the round. (20 out, 21 home). I don't have a coach, but know I need to sharpen up on away courses. Don't we just love this game!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Jul 2013 21:41

I'm sure you'll be sub 34 putts next time out! Golf - love it or hate no inbetween

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Jul 2013 22:01

Did you also see this recently, includes a decent extract to read:

Silent Mind Putting - How To Putt Like You Never Miss

http://www.golfshake.com/improve/view/6067/Silent_Mind_Putting_How_To_Putt_Like_You_Never_Miss.html

user80078
Reply : Wed 31st Jul 2013 15:12

I'm hoping that now I'm older and my memory is getting worse, I won't have to buy the book, because as well as poor putts I don't remember much of anything these days!...lol.

user217280
Reply : Thu 15th Aug 2013 17:22

Putting has always been a frustration for me, but I believe I am starting to see real progress, I find I have more single putts and less three putts, simply by focusing more on the pace and forgetting the line, unless there is a definate break I just go straight at the hole. If you never bothered about the line and went straight at the hole with the right pace you would never be more than a couple of feet from the hole, but how many times have you had the correct line and left it 6 feet or more short or shaved the side of the hole only to finish 6 feet or more passed and then missed the return putt, my advice is work on your pace putting and forget the line, try it and see how you get on, aim everything straight at the hole if the pace is right you will have a tap in, obviously there are times when there is a definate break, but again focus on the pace, it will stop you tree putting.

user80078
Reply : Thu 15th Aug 2013 22:19

I'm fine on my home course, where I rarely 3 putt and almost never come in with more than 36 putts in a round. It's just that I get very little practice on extreme sloping greens. I also concentrate on the pace rather than line at home. Perhaps I should look more closely at the hotel courses I choose to stay at and go for the ones with the simpler and flatter greens. Less frustration that way eh!!

user89876
Reply : Thu 22nd Aug 2013 11:25

just lost a very important game to my first 4 putt in a few years

user80078
Reply : Thu 22nd Aug 2013 14:11

Sorry to hear that Alan. At least mine was on a hotel course during a casual round. I hope the hurt doesn't last too long chum!

user89876
Reply : Sat 24th Aug 2013 07:58

It's a deep wound that will heal, with the help of a good online pysciatrist it shouldn't take more than a year or so

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top