Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Golf travel and destination forum

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 31st Oct 2007 09:28 | Last Reply

Forum for let us all know about your golf trips, experiences and recommendations.

Regards, Darren. 

re: Golf travel and destination forum
user30263
Reply : Sat 10th Nov 2007 11:31

Darren,Wayne

Just catching up on the forums having been out of them for a while. The Costa Blanca is growing and growing regarding Courses and you can get some great bargains we go every year and have built up a lot of experience regarding certain courses and do's and don't's etc. Please let me know if anyone wants any help with trips etc. I have built up lots of contacts. 

user26342
Reply : Sat 10th Nov 2007 14:23

I'm going to Alicante for 4 days on the 24th of this month (2days after the end of season comp so I'm hoping for a good warm up!!)

Will post my comments when I return.

John.. 

user26342
Reply : Sat 10th Nov 2007 21:41

Wayne,

We booked our green fees through a company called golfspain.com & costs were £110 for 3 rounds (La Finca, Allenda & Alicante). Our flights booked with monarch £101 (including golf club carriage). We are quite lucky that one of the guys has a family member with an apartment near to Murcia airport so each of us pay £25.

So in total for each player (4 players) the costs work out as

Flights £101, Golf £110, Car Hire £26, Accomodation £25, Car Park & Prizes £26.

In total £288 which still works out cheaper than 3 rounds on the Brabazon during the summer. The only other costs are beer money (leave that to your imagination )

John.

user30263
Reply : Sun 11th Nov 2007 12:08

All,

John you seem to have found a good deal and as long as you are happy with the trip thats all that matters for you and your friends. It's swings and roundabouts regarding the best deals you can find.

The courses over there this year are in terrific condition, they have had so much rain this year that I have never seen the courses so green in all my years of going over, I just hope you get the weather, there is no better place for golf than Spain with good weather! 

Having a property myself my Golf Society suggested a few of us going over for the first time 5 years ago. With just an original 10 I managed to get everyone in the house but we have grown since then! This has meant finding more accommodation  sorting out transport contacts and golf booking facilities etc etc.

There are many sites offering discount golf but you have to be careful, I have spoken to quite a few people who have booked through different sites for them to get let down when they turn up to play, not get buggies etc etc and you don't get anything back!

I have contacts that I use to do everything for us regarding Golf and Accommodatiuon and we have always had them be there for us on a phone to sort out problems.     

I also now use a company who does all the driving for us including Airport pick ups and drop offs and all the transportation to the Golf courses. 

This year in October we played La Finca, Roda and Las Ramblas, all courses were superb, and with 3 Nights Accommodation,  transport and Golf I managed to get it all for £260 without having to use my house.

It is advisable to decide on courses well in advance and get your tee times booked up and also ideally the thing with flights is getting a date organised as far ahead as possible and then getting flights booked as soon as schedules are released. We paid about £100 return including Golf Clubs - Stansted  to Alicante.

But if ever fancying a weekend on the spur of the moment when seeing cheap flights advertised, I can generally get tee times somewhere! 

I have helped many fellow golfers over the years and am always willing to always help if anyone wants any help.

Best Regards and have a good trip in a few weeks time John, I wish I was going over again!

Darren 

user231221
Reply : Sun 27th Sep 2009 22:06

Does anyone have any suggestions on somewhere in southern Englan / Wales where a group of us could play? ideally we would need to stay two nights and play three rounds over two decent courses.  I have looked at the Marriott St Pierre ( which looks pretty good)and Ashbury Manor (any opinions?) but if there are others out there i'd love to know

cheers

user77012
Reply : Mon 28th Sep 2009 03:24

Fearghal,you won't go to far wrong with St pierre  better courses than Ashbury although have enjoyed my trips to Ashbury and is great value for your money.

user451055
Reply : Mon 16th Sep 2013 10:56

I am going to San Francisco and surrounding areas in a weeks time. We are playing 8 courses whilst we are there (all Alister Mackenzie designs) - I will report back.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top