Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

The Weather

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 25th Mar 2013 11:40 | Last Reply

Everyone now getting bored here in the UK with the weather ??

I can't believe exactly 1 year ago we were playing the 36 hole Minchinhampton event in a mini heatwave needing suncream and some players in shorts!

Last edit : Mon 25th Mar 2013 15:33
re: The Weather
user451055
Reply : Mon 25th Mar 2013 14:54

We are doing all sorts to try and keep the game in order whilst the course is out of action. There are 5ft snowdrifts on Moortown at the moment - at least there were yesterday and there has been a bit more snow today.

My husband went up to bring our putters and 58 wedges home yesterday so we have been chipping onto the sofa (as per Rory McIlroy video but we are a tad older) and we have a little practice putting hole thingy behind the sofa too.

It is a right pain in the butt though. Itching to play - Looks like more snow this weekend too so may have to resort to working the Easter weekend - booo

user23669
Reply : Mon 25th Mar 2013 16:51

I played this morning on the Nicklaus. course at St Mellion. It was very very cold and not too surprisingly rather wet. Nearly had a hole in 1 on the 11th could you please arrange for the warmer weather to arrive please.

user304232
Reply : Mon 25th Mar 2013 19:16

Yep very bored & frustrated with this wintry weather supposed to be playing The Dukes at St Andrews on Wednesday but it's cancelled managed to bag a t-time at Leven Links instead but with this stiff easterly wind it's gonna be ffrreezziinn will need my hipflask with a nice malt whisky in it to warm me up.

user504923
Reply : Mon 25th Mar 2013 19:39

Cant wait for the weather to break, gettin a bit fed up putting round the living room G/f going bonkers lol

user40826
Reply : Mon 25th Mar 2013 20:01

Completely fed up of the weather. Going to Hastings on Saturday for a family holiday by the sea, done it for the last 3 years with record temperatures! Been a great time, just before the season officially kicks off to practice, practice, practice.

Leading up to this holiday, I've not hit a ball in a month. Snow drifts are massive, course is closed. I'm a very unhappy bunny.

user80078
Reply : Mon 25th Mar 2013 21:07

I've got a two day golfing break booked for the middle of next week. I'll be keeping my fingers, toes and anything else crossed for a pick up in this dreadful weather.

user504923
Reply : Mon 25th Mar 2013 21:22

Michael, if your booked for tenerife you should be ok

user486083
Reply : Mon 25th Mar 2013 21:26

hope to play tomorrow after work course was open today

user26342
Reply : Tue 26th Mar 2013 07:34

It's quite bizarre how the conditions differ from location to location. I left my house yesterday where the snow was still piled up & thick & travelled around 9 miles to my friends house & there was nothing!! Looks like I might be playing over that way the weekend!

I'm supposed to be playing this Thursday over at Rugeley so we'll see how that pans out!

user80078
Reply : Tue 26th Mar 2013 11:56

I wish Matt!! No it's Leicestershire... Could be dodgy!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 26th Mar 2013 11:57

Michael, still ground covering of snow about 20 miles North of Leics in South Notts

user90905
Reply : Fri 29th Mar 2013 07:35

Just about had enough of this now! Had a weeks holiday to use or lose this week and managed a quick 9 holes yesterday. I woke up this morning and got ready to go again only for it to start snowing yet again as I was about to set off! Another stir crazy day in store.

user504404
Reply : Fri 29th Mar 2013 09:43

Our climate has gone crazy over the past 12months. People say its melting ice that has caused the jet stream to move, who knows? All I can say is it is bloody awful!

At least the past 7days has been dry so my 2 local courses have started to dry out - I even managed to play in my new trainer golf shoes yesterday so fingers crossed the rain stays away.

Downside is the air is so cold and the golf ball just does not fly that far!!

user504923
Reply : Tue 2nd Apr 2013 19:41

Well,did anyone manage a round at the weekend or is the weather still bad where you are. I got a round in yesterday & hit an 87

user490151
Reply : Wed 3rd Apr 2013 06:39

Hi to everyone. Just felt I had to say that I was so fed up with all this mud and wet feet after all this crap wet and snow weather that I went out and bought a pair of FORGAN golf boots last week. Managed to get a game in yesterday finally and these boots are amazing. My feet were lovely and warm even though the mud and wet tried its best to get my feet. They are extremely comfortable. What a bargain I felt at �30. I would highly recommend these boots at this time with the snow thawing and mud everywhere.

user26342
Reply : Wed 3rd Apr 2013 07:12

I travelled to Worcester for a game at Bransford on Sunday. They've had no snow at all. The course was dry except for some walkways between green to tee.

My home course is still closed but I'm hoping by this Sunday it will have re-opened, especially as I've got one last winter league match to play & were currently top of the league

user80078
Reply : Fri 5th Apr 2013 15:25

Sat having breakfast yesterday looking out the hotel window at the snow hammering down in Leicestershire. Thankfully, by my tee time things had improved and I managed a very enjoyable round, no doubt greatly assisted by the use of a buggy. The countryside still looks to be deeply in the grip of winter and there is little apparent growth on the course. With freshly sanded greens it was like playing on the beach, but then I was just grateful to be playing. Come on sun, where are you?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top