Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Great Rounds

Posted by: user451055 | Tue 15th May 2012 16:22 | Last Reply

Can we have a topic where we can post drivel about great rounds?

I had a fabuloous round today. It was one of our club majors, a medal comp with the top 8 to qualify for matchplay knockout.

I topped the leaderboard with a (net) 3 under par and was 5 shots better than the next player (wet and windy day).

Pulled my handicap and everything. Totally happy. Will probably be rubbish for the next 3 months but well worth it!

From first picking up a club 2 years ago and averaging about 160 a round I am totally chuffed with my best ever score of 101. Next target is to get below that magic 100 figure.

Judy (new handicap of 27.5)

re: Great Rounds
user52922
Reply : Tue 15th May 2012 17:45

Congratulations, Judy, on a fine round under difficult conditions on a very tough course.

user38216
Reply : Tue 15th May 2012 18:08

Well done Judy. You're right though, following it up is the hard part!

user417527
Reply : Tue 15th May 2012 22:12

Excellent stuff, Judy.

I have recently had two rounds in the past three weeks where I came off the course feeling like I'd finally cracked it, including my best score for around 5 years, and then followed it up with utter drivel. That's the way it goes sometimes though. Enjoy the good rounds, and enjoy the scenery on the bad ones!

Good luck in your quest to break 100!

user99350
Reply : Wed 16th May 2012 13:42

Well done Judy, playing medal to your handicap around Moortown is hard enough when conditions are perfect so it's far from drivel. Concentrate on your week areas and I'm sure you'llreach your goal in no time.

user451055
Reply : Tue 22nd May 2012 15:40

Oops - I did it again!

Just got back from our Ryder Cup qualifying comp (medal) and I have gone one better than last week. I have finally broken the 100 barrier around Moortown and got a net 71 (Par is 75) gross 99. There are players going through all day so won't get my final position/handicap until late tonight but my expected handicap will be 26.1 and currently I am placed first with the next best score at 78!

Absolutely ecstatic!

Last Monday I was a 29.9 handicap and 8 days later I am 26.1 - awesome

Will definitely be playing some bad golf next week!

user451055
Reply : Tue 22nd May 2012 21:38

Blimey, it's getting better. Final scores in, CSS went up to 76, next best result after mine was 77. Handicap pulled to 25.5!!!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top